49ers hold off Seahawks for much-needed win in Seattle, 36-24 →

There are 388 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Amazing hire for Bama. BOB did a good job as HC at Penn. I imagine he'll kill it as OC at Bama and go on to some cushy college HC job in a year or two. Plus they added Doug Marrone as their OL coach. That is two former NFL HC's added to that staff. How much richer can the rich get?

They had the number one recruiting class this year and landed 7 five star players. Keep in mind there were only 34 five star players this year so they got better than 20% of them.
All these coaches jumping around is making me dizzy and the players haven't even started yet. What a crazy off season this will be.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Sounds like Eberflus is the favorite in Houston now.

Imagine being the Colts and losing half your staff before you've even won anything really.

Also called being a 49er fan.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Bill O Brien hired as Bama's new OC. Lol

Amazing hire for Bama. BOB did a good job as HC at Penn. I imagine he'll kill it as OC at Bama and go on to some cushy college HC job in a year or two. Plus they added Doug Marrone as their OL coach. That is two former NFL HC's added to that staff. How much richer can the rich get?

Saban has refreshed the careers of Daboll and Sark. Could do the same for BoB.

He helped out Lane Kiffin, too.

Is Saban a coach Whisperer/Guru?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Lions got their own Jim Tomfoolya. 🐀

And there's more craziness if you watch the whole thing.

Some online said the Lions passed up on Saleh because he "bombed" the interview.. they say the same thing about why Eric B hasn't been hired yet.

But then you see this guy and think what the hell did he say at the interview?

That man makes Singletary look like Shanahan.

Any time you hear position coach to head coach you know they hired a meat head.
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
The texans just interviewed one of their QB's - Josh Mccown for the HC position

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/22/texans-interviewed-josh-mccown-for-head-coach/

I laughed at this at first cause who interviews/hires a player with no coaching experience to become a head coach. But then I remembered, well, Niners hired a GM with no FO experience.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
I laughed at this at first cause who interviews/hires a player with no coaching experience to become a head coach. But then I remembered, well, Niners hired a GM with no FO experience.

I think that's a little different considering Lynch is surrounded by GMs like Adam Peters.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Detroit hires Anthony Lynn as OC, Aaron Glenn as DC. I can see why Stafford wants out. It's going to be weird to see Detroit transform to a ball control, defensive oriented team, although they already tried/started that transition with Patricia.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran

Actually it might be Leslie Frazier
Originally posted by FL9er:
Detroit hires Anthony Lynn as OC, Aaron Glenn as DC. I can see why Stafford wants out. It's going to be weird to see Detroit transform to a ball control, defensive oriented team, although they already tried/started that transition with Patricia.

Maybe they package Stafford and their 1st (7th overall) for Watson?

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Lions got their own Jim Tomfoolya. 🐀

And there's more craziness if you watch the whole thing.

Some online said the Lions passed up on Saleh because he "bombed" the interview.. they say the same thing about why Eric B hasn't been hired yet.

But then you see this guy and think what the hell did he say at the interview?

That man makes Singletary look like Shanahan.

Any time you hear position coach to head coach you know they hired a meat head.

Seems like Patricia was similar right? He was a defensive coach that always looked angry.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Maybe they package Stafford and their 1st (7th overall) for Watson?

If Watson did not have the not trade clause, it's possible. Houston would probably want at least 1 more pick.

Yeah sounding like now it's between Frazier and Bieniemy. Watson will still want out though.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Yeah sounding like now it's between Frazier and Bieniemy. Watson will still want out though.

I hope its Bieniemy. He deserves a HC spot
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I hope its Bieniemy. He deserves a HC spot

Based on what? He doesn't do half as much as you think he does.....
Share 49ersWebzone