Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Sounds like Eberflus is the favorite in Houston now.

Actually it might be Leslie Frazier

Yeah sounding like now it's between Frazier and Bieniemy. Watson will still want out though.

I hope its Bieniemy. He deserves a HC spot

Based on what? He doesn't do half as much as you think he does.....

Based on the fact that he has helped develop that offense to being nearly unstoppable. Based on the fact that guys like Dan Campbell are getting HC gigs. The DC for the Rams who has 1 year being a DC? I don't even know his name. If I was a fan of a team needing a HC I would 10/10 times pick Bienemy over someone like Campbell. Are you for real?

Yeah sounding like now it's between Frazier and Bieniemy. Watson will still want out though.

Based on the fact that he has helped develop that offense to being nearly unstoppable. Based on the fact that guys like Dan Campbell are getting HC gigs. The DC for the Rams who has 1 year being a DC? I don't even know his name. If I was a fan of a team needing a HC I would 10/10 times pick Bienemy over someone like Campbell. Are you for real?

you are making many assumptions. The talent on KC is due to their front office, not EB. He doesn't call plays or gameplan much, so what has he done to earn it?
He might not be a good interviewer also, and might not be a strong personality. Every owner is looking for a culture/personality match. Guys like Vance Joseph and Raheem Morris, Don Martindale and Mike Pettine deserve a shot sooner than EB in my mind.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

you are making many assumptions. The talent on KC is due to their front office, not EB. He doesn't call plays or gameplan much, so what has he done to earn it?
He might not be a good interviewer also, and might not be a strong personality. Every owner is looking for a culture/personality match. Guys like Vance Joseph and Raheem Morris, Don Martindale and Mike Pettine deserve a shot sooner than EB in my mind.

You are making assumptions that EB doesn't game plan much or contribute much to the Chiefs. If he does little to nothing like you suggest, then why is he even there?

You're kidding right? 3 of the 4 guys you mentioned were terrible HC's and already had their shot. Let me ask you, would you rather Mike Pettine or EB coach the 49ers? I know Pettine was awful as a HC and not a very good DC either. Give me EB any day over any of the guys you mentioned.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Detroit hires Anthony Lynn as OC, Aaron Glenn as DC. I can see why Stafford wants out. It's going to be weird to see Detroit transform to a ball control, defensive oriented team, although they already tried/started that transition with Patricia.

Maybe they package Stafford and their 1st (7th overall) for Watson?

If Watson did not have the not trade clause, it's possible. Houston would probably want at least 1 more pick.

just makes sense on paper from the standpoint of Houston probably preferring him out of the conference and vice versa for the Lions.
You are making assumptions that EB doesn't game plan much or contribute much to the Chiefs. If he does little to nothing like you suggest, then why is he even there?

You're kidding right? 3 of the 4 guys you mentioned were terrible HC's and already had their shot. Let me ask you, would you rather Mike Pettine or EB coach the 49ers? I know Pettine was awful as a HC and not a very good DC either. Give me EB any day over any of the guys you mentioned.

Reid handles playcalling. Kafka reportedly handles a large volume of gameplanning according to the KC beat guys. Bieniemy apparently is there as a motivational speaker.

What is the difference between a guy like EB and Pete Carmichael of the Saints who has been OC for a decade in New Orleans? Neither one of them honestly does jacks**t but hold a clipboard for a smart, offensive minded HC. Bieniemy leaves KC and they don't skip a beat. Reid will still be Reid, Mahomes will still be Mahomes.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Reid handles playcalling. Kafka reportedly handles a large volume of gameplanning according to the KC beat guys. Bieniemy apparently is there as a motivational speaker.

What is the difference between a guy like EB and Pete Carmichael of the Saints who has been OC for a decade in New Orleans? Neither one of them honestly does jacks**t but hold a clipboard for a smart, offensive minded HC. Bieniemy leaves KC and they don't skip a beat. Reid will still be Reid, Mahomes will still be Mahomes.

So why is EB even there? As a motivational speaker? And my question, would you rather the guys mentioned before or EB as your head coach? Raheem Morris, Vance Joseph and Mike Pettine? Really?

Look at the QB's they were given to work with. Absolute busts or trash talent. Morris was given Josh Freeman. Joseph: Paxton Lynch and Osweiler. Pettine: Maziel. You live and die in the NFL based on your QB.

Many NFL insiders have reported these things on EB. You just haven't paid attention I guess.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Look at the QB's they were given to work with. Absolute busts or trash talent. Morris was given Josh Freeman. Joseph: Paxton Lynch and Osweiler. Pettine: Maziel. You live and die in the NFL based on your QB.

Many NFL insiders have reported these things on EB. You just haven't paid attention I guess.

I guess I do need to read all these reports that EB basically does nothing for the Chiefs except give motivational speeches.

Of course they are. But Matt Nagy and Doug Pederson were in the same position prior. I'm not even 100% sold that EB is going to make a great HC or that I'd even hire him, but I'd at least talk to the guy. What were the Giants looking for then they hired Joe Judge, previously a receivers coach for the Patriots? And keep in mind, the receivers were the weakness in New England. What culture and personality match did they think Joe Judge had? Same with Zac Taylor getting that job with the Bengals. We have seen undeserving guys get head coaching jobs just based off of association. Well save for being connected to the 49ers, what better association is there than to be on that Chiefs staff?

With that said, it would be in Eric Bieniemy's best interests to go somewhere where he can flex his game planning/play calling/player development muscles.

I definitely agree on the QBs. If you don't at least have a solid QB, you don't have a chance. Kyle's a top-5 coach, but has been without a legit QB for the better part of 3 of his 4 seasons. And coincidentally, he has 3 out of 4 losing seasons. Tough to win in this league without the most important position solidified.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Love seeing EB there on the sidelines contributing nothing but motivational speeches.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Of course they are. But Matt Nagy and Doug Pederson were in the same position prior. I'm not even 100% sold that EB is going to make a great HC or that I'd even hire him, but I'd at least talk to the guy. What were the Giants looking for then they hired Joe Judge, previously a receivers coach for the Patriots? And keep in mind, the receivers were the weakness in New England. What culture and personality match did they think Joe Judge had? Same with Zac Taylor getting that job with the Bengals. We have seen undeserving guys get head coaching jobs just based off of association. Well save for being connected to the 49ers, what better association is there than to be on that Chiefs staff?

With that said, it would be in Eric Bieniemy's best interests to go somewhere where he can flex his game planning/play calling/player development muscles.

Agreed! I don't know if EB would be a good HC, but the likes of Dan Campbell, Joe Judge and whoever the Chargers hired are getting jobs and EB isn't even getting interviews. Kind of weird

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by steiber:

If EB leaves I hear the Chiefs will hire Tony Robbins as their next OC.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Dan Campbell and John Dorsey? It's like the who's-who of dysfunction.

Dorsey is a really good talent evaluator....just don't let him sign free agents and make trades.
Share 49ersWebzone