There are 701 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
If EB leaves I hear the Chiefs will hire Tony Robbins as their next OC.

He's a career RB's coach that was a terrible college OC, I just don't see the reason for hype. Like I said before, what is the difference between Bieniemy and Pete Carmichael? And no one is kicking down doors to hire Pete Carmichael largely because he's an OC that doesn't call plays on a team with a brilliant offensive minded HC and a HOF caliber QB.

If Bieniemy really wanted to get his name out there, he should have taken a position as a playcalling OC with one of these new HC's. Show people what he can do away from Reid and Mahomes.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Sounds like Eberflus is the favorite in Houston now.

Actually it might be Leslie Frazier

Yeah sounding like now it's between Frazier and Bieniemy. Watson will still want out though.

I hope its Bieniemy. He deserves a HC spot

Based on what? He doesn't do half as much as you think he does.....

Based on the fact that he has helped develop that offense to being nearly unstoppable. Based on the fact that guys like Dan Campbell are getting HC gigs. The DC for the Rams who has 1 year being a DC? I don't even know his name. If I was a fan of a team needing a HC I would 10/10 times pick Bienemy over someone like Campbell. Are you for real?

you are making many assumptions. The talent on KC is due to their front office, not EB. He doesn't call plays or gameplan much, so what has he done to earn it?
He might not be a good interviewer also, and might not be a strong personality. Every owner is looking for a culture/personality match. Guys like Vance Joseph and Raheem Morris, Don Martindale and Mike Pettine deserve a shot sooner than EB in my mind.

You are making assumptions that EB doesn't game plan much or contribute much to the Chiefs. If he does little to nothing like you suggest, then why is he even there?

You're kidding right? 3 of the 4 guys you mentioned were terrible HC's and already had their shot. Let me ask you, would you rather Mike Pettine or EB coach the 49ers? I know Pettine was awful as a HC and not a very good DC either. Give me EB any day over any of the guys you mentioned.

Look at the QB's they were given to work with. Absolute busts or trash talent. Morris was given Josh Freeman. Joseph: Paxton Lynch and Osweiler. Pettine: Maziel. You live and die in the NFL based on your QB.

Many NFL insiders have reported these things on EB. You just haven't paid attention I guess.

I definitely agree on the QBs. If you don't at least have a solid QB, you don't have a chance. Kyle's a top-5 coach, but has been without a legit QB for the better part of 3 of his 4 seasons. And coincidentally, he has 3 out of 4 losing seasons. Tough to win in this league without the most important position solidified.

Exactly my thoughts.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Sounds like Eberflus is the favorite in Houston now.

Actually it might be Leslie Frazier

Yeah sounding like now it's between Frazier and Bieniemy. Watson will still want out though.

I hope its Bieniemy. He deserves a HC spot

Based on what? He doesn't do half as much as you think he does.....

Based on the fact that he has helped develop that offense to being nearly unstoppable. Based on the fact that guys like Dan Campbell are getting HC gigs. The DC for the Rams who has 1 year being a DC? I don't even know his name. If I was a fan of a team needing a HC I would 10/10 times pick Bienemy over someone like Campbell. Are you for real?

you are making many assumptions. The talent on KC is due to their front office, not EB. He doesn't call plays or gameplan much, so what has he done to earn it?
He might not be a good interviewer also, and might not be a strong personality. Every owner is looking for a culture/personality match. Guys like Vance Joseph and Raheem Morris, Don Martindale and Mike Pettine deserve a shot sooner than EB in my mind.

Of course they are. But Matt Nagy and Doug Pederson were in the same position prior. I'm not even 100% sold that EB is going to make a great HC or that I'd even hire him, but I'd at least talk to the guy. What were the Giants looking for then they hired Joe Judge, previously a receivers coach for the Patriots? And keep in mind, the receivers were the weakness in New England. What culture and personality match did they think Joe Judge had? Same with Zac Taylor getting that job with the Bengals. We have seen undeserving guys get head coaching jobs just based off of association. Well save for being connected to the 49ers, what better association is there than to be on that Chiefs staff?

With that said, it would be in Eric Bieniemy's best interests to go somewhere where he can flex his game planning/play calling/player development muscles.

Agreed! I don't know if EB would be a good HC, but the likes of Dan Campbell, Joe Judge and whoever the Chargers hired are getting jobs and EB isn't even getting interviews. Kind of weird

He's has a 2nd interview with the Texans. And he didn't do very well as an OC when given the full responsibilities in college. (2011/2012)
Originally posted by NinerGM:
LOL! That's what I mean. Put him in charge of pro-player personnel or something, but he's going to the GM. Ooof. Trade/FA-sign city.

He's not GM. They already hired their GM from the Rams.
Probably besides saleh a very underwhelming group of rookie HCs coming in. Meyer is gonna be meh imo.
Wow, the Rams got completely ransacked this offseason. Here I was thinking this would be us. Silly me.

Seattle doing Seattle things.

They struggle against the Rams, might as well grab the guy who knows their offense but lacks the experience to say no when Pete orders them to run, run and run again.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Probably besides saleh a very underwhelming group of rookie HCs coming in. Meyer is gonna be meh imo.

I felt Saleh and DaBoll were the stars this time around. In my opinion the league is running through coaches faster than qualified ones can develop and replace them. Guys are getting hired now with shorter and shorter resumes in terms of being a playcaller or even head coaching experience at the college ranks.

Not sure how Meyer is going to do, but I'm interested in watching because he's been so successful everywhere.

As for the other hires, meh. Chargers coach lucked out however.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Wow, the Rams got completely ransacked this offseason. Here I was thinking this would be us. Silly me.

Yeah that's crazy. Watch them sign Shane Day next. He was with McVay for 1 year in Washington.
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Jan 27, 2021 at 6:35 AM ]
On one hand Wilson in a McVay offense might be cause for concern for us, on the other hand we have been really good defensively against the Rams.

Texans hired who? Lol
Ummm who tf did the Texans hire?
They hired a guy who never thought he'd be a HC lol
I mean it can't be any worse than what the Lions did right? RIGHT?
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Texans hired who? Lol

A 65 year old WR's coach that hasn't been an offensive coordinator at any level since 1990. This makes the 49ers hiring Jimmy Raye as OC look positively inspired by comparison.

Dude was passing game coordinator for the 32nd ranked passing offense in the NFL.

He was WR's coach for the Chiefs the season where none of their WR's scored a touchdown.

Meanwhile Ravens fans are celebrating that he is gone.
Share 49ersWebzone