49ers list Charvarius Ward among 7 inactives vs. Seahawks →

There are 392 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
I was very dissapointed when we hired Tomsula and now I can´t even think what the Texans fans think about this because this s**tshow is way way worse.

Unfrickinbelievable is the word!!! So glad I'm not a Texans fan right now!!!
I was very dissapointed when we hired Tomsula and now I can´t even think what the Texans fans think about this because this s**tshow is way way worse.

Tomsula was at least a HC in NFL Europe. This dude is 65 and never even been a coordinator. Worst hire of the year by far.
Rumor of Lovie Smith joining his staff.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Tomsula was at least a HC in NFL Europe. This dude is 65 and never even been a coordinator. Worst hire of the year by far.

False!!!!

He was an offensive coordinator.

At UTEP.

In 1990.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
They hired a guy who never thought he'd be a HC lol

Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Feels like an attempt to bring Watson back to the table, get some PR, deflect from the fact EB never was really in the running, but with no thought to actually winning games.

By still hiring a brother? A pretty weak attempt apparently. He gone and I don't blame him.

Imagine being a Lions fan, they literally hired the confident version of Tomsula.
The Texans hire looks like they need a fall guy for the next 2 years before they escape the toxicity of this mess
I guess Watson wasn't much of a fan of this hire either
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

False!!!!

He was an offensive coordinator.

At UTEP.

In 1990.

That 1990 UTEP offense was one for the ages. The 7torm is finally here.
Originally posted by Overkill:
I guess Watson wasn't much of a fan of this hire either

Yup. Take that to the people who thought Watson simply wanted a black coach.

Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) Tweeted:
Sources: Florida offensive coordinator Brian Johnson has informed Florida officials he's heading to the Philadelphia Eagles to become the quarterback coach.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jan 28, 2021 at 10:20 AM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Were some people actually saying that? I guess some people think all black people like all other black people. Just like us white people like all other white people. Yah, right.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Sources: Florida offensive coordinator Brian Johnson has informed Florida officials he's heading to the Philadelphia Eagles to become the quarterback coach.

is that a promotion?
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Were some people actually saying that? I guess some people think all black people like all other black people. Just like us white people like all other white people. Yah, right.
There is a lot of insanity out there with people or institutions deliberately trying to sew division among the people for b******t differences like skin tone.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

is that a promotion?

Guess it depends on how you look at it. He's leaving a respected SEC football program but gets a nice NFL coaching job. The way teams are constantly looking for creative offensive minds he has an opportunity to move up the ranks quickly. From what I understand he wasn't the primary playcaller at Florida anyhow. The head coach was.

Interesting enough he has a small connection to Jalen Hurts. He played for Hurts' father in high school and attempted to recruit Hurts to Mississippi State.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jan 28, 2021 at 11:10 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone