49ers list Charvarius Ward among 7 inactives vs. Seahawks →

There are 298 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Tomsula vibes
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Shouldn't have been fired for Dirk Koetter . I felt the move to Illinois was a bad move. Nothing about Lovie screamed college HC. I don't see this working unless he has a lot of talent to work with. Hasn't called a defensive play since what, 2004?

I hope he has evolved and is not running the outdated Tampa 2.

This is where the not calling a defensive play since 2004 becomes an issue. Would've made more sense to make him a senior defensive assistant, but whatever. I hope it works out for him.
Not often a college coach says no to the NFL

Um why would a guy interview then say no?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Um why would a guy interview then say no?

A lot of talk about assurances from UW that he will be the eventual successor to Chryst. He also has deep ties, was born in WI and was a walk on at UW.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
That DC set them up for some whine to go with all that cheese by interviewing then say no lol
It's like this dude is some sort of advanced broborg programmed with every meathead cliche in existence.

"Here's what I would say about a true alpha," Campbell said, via the Detroit Free Press. "A true alpha knows when it's time to concede for the betterment of the team, and so I would tell you, one way or another, there's already been a couple of things where it's like, 'Ah, maybe we don't — you see it a little more this way, I see it [this way].' We haven't had one problem. And we're not going to have a problem."
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I had no idea GB fired Mike Pettine, but it makes sense

what makes you say that?

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

what makes you say that?

Dude doesn't make adjustments, especially in the playoffs.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

what makes you say that?

Dude doesn't make adjustments, especially in the playoffs.

Watch him be a future head coach in the XFL with Tomsula.
With Holland needing time to step away it's nice they already have James Bettcher on staff too. Spent 4 years coaching LB's before getting promoted to a DC in Arizona.
Bring on Willis as an intern
It may be Too Early/Too Soon … but since I've heard some rumblings - of which all haven't
been on Social - I've gotta' ask - whose seat is the Hottest at the moment? Who gets fired first?

Is it Matt Rhule or is Nathaniel Hackett destined to become a member of the One and Done Club??
Share 49ersWebzone