There are 253 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
It may be Too Early/Too Soon … but since I've heard some rumblings - of which all haven't
been on Social - I've gotta' ask - whose seat is the Hottest at the moment? Who gets fired first?

Is it Matt Rhule or is Nathaniel Hackett destined to become a member of the One and Done Club??

Hackett has set an all time record for hottest seat after 5 games in league history
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
It may be Too Early/Too Soon … but since I've heard some rumblings - of which all haven't
been on Social - I've gotta' ask - whose seat is the Hottest at the moment? Who gets fired first?

Is it Matt Rhule or is Nathaniel Hackett destined to become a member of the One and Done Club??

Hackett has set an all time record for hottest seat after 5 games in league history

Agreed - Things are looking bad for the supposed offensive guru. He seems lost, and quotes from his presser, to paraphrase:
"I was given the go-ahead on the 4th down play" won't cut it. I understand he hired an assistant, but last I checked he's still
the HC, with the supposed last word on the field of play !?

Agreed - Things are looking bad for the supposed offensive guru. He seems lost, and quotes from his presser, to paraphrase:
"I was given the go-ahead on the 4th down play" won't cut it. I understand he hired an assistant, but last I checked he's still

I was given the go ahead lol did he really say that

He's basically neutered when it comes to big decisions after 1 game what on earth..

I was given the go ahead lol did he really say that

He's basically neutered when it comes to big decisions after 1 game what on earth..

Start the video at 2:35
@2.53 he says "got the go to go for it"
We wanted to Win the Game
So, I wasn't too soon after all - Matt Rhule has been fired.
With just 5 games completed, this is the fastest firing [IIRC] to date.
Question being, who's next?

It wasn't 1-4 that got him fired. It was 11-27.

Next is Hackett with Frank Reich as a dark horse candidate.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

It wasn't 1-4 that got him fired. It was 11-27.

Agree, and no argument with that perspective.
One of the in-game commentators, mentioned his teams don't have any comeback in them.
IIRC, they pointed out that if the opponent(s) scored at least 17 points, the Panthers lose the game.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Brandon Staley and his propensity to go for it in the absolute worst situations (which managed to not bite him in the ass somehow yesterday)

Hackett and Rivera before Reich (I don't think Reich gets fired )

What a clown organization in CAR. They honestly thought they were gonna set the league on fire with Baker? Baker was in a similar situation with JG with the offseason surg. Only with Baker, he had a new system to learn as well. Obviously gonna take time. If they weren't in on Rhule they should have made this move last January. Now they are stuck with an interim.. and will select a new HC a year later than they should have. They just delayed the franchise rebuild by one year.
Originally posted by grapesofrathman:

Brandon Staley and his propensity to go for it in the absolute worst situations (which managed to not bite him in the ass somehow yesterday)

Brandon Staley is the guy people should always bring up when someone says Kyle should go for it cause analytics.
What a clown organization in CAR. They honestly thought they were gonna set the league on fire with Baker? Baker was in a similar situation with JG with the offseason surg. Only with Baker, he had a new system to learn as well. Obviously gonna take time. If they weren't in on Rhule they should have made this move last January. Now they are stuck with an interim.. and will select a new HC a year later than they should have. They just delayed the franchise rebuild by one year.

It doesn't set them back if they tank and draft an elite QB

Does Carolina own their most important 2023 draft picks - which might enable them to draft a QB ?!
Would the Panthers job be of interest to Sean Payton - which would allow him to return to the NFCS ?!
I doubt David Tepper is going to stick with their interim coach going into next season.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

It doesn't set them back if they tank and draft an elite QB

I suppose..

It would be like if we kept Chip Kelly going into 2017 and we weren't very sold on him.. then canned him early in 2017..
Share 49ersWebzone