There are 242 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
This sounds like a plot for bad sports movie starring Adam Sandler but I just heard that the Colts are replacing Frank Reich with their broadcaster, Jeff Saturday. If this is true I think Irsay needs his head examined. I don't think he's ever been a coach before.

He's never been a coach at any level. This is embarrassing.

We have a GM with a similar background. How has that worked out 😜
Saturday should bring in Peyton Manning as OC / QB
Originally posted by mitpdub:
This sounds like a plot for bad sports movie starring Adam Sandler but I just heard that the Colts are replacing Frank Reich with their broadcaster, Jeff Saturday. If this is true I think Irsay needs his head examined. I don't think he's ever been a coach before.

Honestly…that's arguably fair lol.
Pat McAfee show about to be fire

I heard it said that he has some
High School coaching experience.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Nov 7, 2022 at 11:09 AM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Yessir lol
Originally posted by mitpdub:

There's a difference between coaching and being a GM. If you know player personel and are smart enough you can be a GM. Coaching is much harder. Lynch is a smart guy and he knows players but he could never be a coach.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Good way to tank without asking your coach to tank.

This choice is more out there than Tomsula. At least Jim was already on staff, but I see it in much the same way. If the Colts are smart they won't double down on him after the season. I wonder if this job would have pull for DeMeco? They have a lot of pieces needed to complete, with QB being the biggest variable. Plus he would be able to reunite with DeFo.

Ryans or any other smart guy would be stupid to take that job. Irsay is a meddling idiot and not much better than Dan Snyder.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Nov 7, 2022 at 11:18 AM ]

Oh, in that case, the move is totally defensible

Oh, in that case, the move is totally defensible

I caught 3 TD passes in a game soI guess that makes me ready to coach too.

Good way to tank without asking your coach to tank.

This choice is more out there than Tomsula. At least Jim was already on staff, but I see it in much the same way. If the Colts are smart they won't double down on him after the season. I wonder if this job would have pull for DeMeco? They have a lot of pieces needed to complete, with QB being the biggest variable. Plus he would be able to reunite with DeFo.

Ryans or any other smart guy would be stupid to take that job. Irsay is a meddling idiot and not much better than Dan Snyder.

Agreed. I'd stay away. If I'm Ryans, the Raiders, Panthers, and Broncos jobs looks appealing- assuming the other 2 open up. The Cardinals could be a surprise firing, but I wouldn't go due to poor drafting.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Yessir lol
His face at the 2:54 mark is lolololol
Who are the guys making a name as we go forward to the next cycle?

I would say Ryans, Martindale NYG DC, maybe ppl around the Bears or Dolphins O, Dan Quinn DAL DC and Kellen Moore DAL OC, maybe whoever is working with Geno as well.
Chris Ballard is next
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Nov 7, 2022 at 3:00 PM ]
if Jeff Saturday has any kind of success, could this decision by Jim Irsay radically change the NFL's process for finding head coaches?
Share 49ersWebzone