There are 238 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by BYisGod:
This sounds like a plot for bad sports movie starring Adam Sandler but I just heard that the Colts are replacing Frank Reich with their broadcaster, Jeff Saturday. If this is true I think Irsay needs his head examined. I don't think he's ever been a coach before.

He's never been a coach at any level. This is embarrassing.

Good way to tank without asking your coach to tank.

This choice is more out there than Tomsula. At least Jim was already on staff, but I see it in much the same way. If the Colts are smart they won't double down on him after the season. I wonder if this job would have pull for DeMeco? They have a lot of pieces needed to complete, with QB being the biggest variable. Plus he would be able to reunite with DeFo.

Ryans or any other smart guy would be stupid to take that job. Irsay is a meddling idiot and not much better than Dan Snyder.

I get that. If I were DeMeco Id wait for a job that at least had a decent/functional player at QB, but it's still an open job that has more pieces than most openings usually do so who knows.
Originally posted by boast:
if Jeff Saturday has any kind of success, could this decision by Jim Irsay radically change the NFL's process for finding head coaches?

no.
Originally posted by boast:
if Jeff Saturday has any kind of success, could this decision by Jim Irsay radically change the NFL's process for finding head coaches?

I wouldn't say radically, but you'd see it more and more.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Chris Ballard is next

Great talent evaluator but garbage as the main guy building a roster. He'll have no trouble finding a place in just about any front office.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Chris Ballard is next

Great talent evaluator but garbage as the main guy building a roster. He'll have no trouble finding a place in just about any front office.

Sounds like maybe under Lynch when Adam Peters gets a GM. We went after Ballard at one point IIRC
Man we potentially dodged a bullet in not getting Ballard. Don't get wrong, he drafted some good players but man is he conservative. Dude is so scared to take chances.
Who would be our Jeff Saturday who could just step in?

Good choices - Staley, BY
Not so good choices - Aldon, TO
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Probably Staley. He knows the offense well and everyone loves him.

That said I would not be completely disinterested for the rest of the season if that ever happens.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Chris Ballard is next

Sounds like maybe under Lynch when Adam Peters gets a GM. We went after Ballard at one point IIRC

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Man we potentially dodged a bullet in not getting Ballard. Don't get wrong, he drafted some good players but man is he conservative. Dude is so scared to take chances.

Would be a solid move to have him in the room. If he were let go, may not get another GM job.

I'd throw Donte Whitner's name in the ring. (I know nothing other than what I heard from him on Haberman & Middlekauf podcast the other day)

Demeco Ryans will be a hot commodity as a HC due to Saleh and McDaniel turn poopy teams into contenders.
Originally posted by cortana49:

I'd throw Donte Whitner's name in the ring. (I know nothing other than what I heard from him on Haberman & Middlekauf podcast the other day)

Good one. He's on KNBR all the time. Always enjoy hearing what he has to say.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Chris Ballard is next

Originally posted by gold49digger:

Would be a solid move to have him in the room. If he were let go, may not get another GM job.

Ballard seems like a most midwestern guy. He had a chance to interview with the 49ers, but turned it down.

I think he winds up back with the Chiefs or Bears - he has connections at both places.

imagine if they beat McDaniels' Raiders

Originally posted by rockzz:

imagine if they beat McDaniels' Raiders

Shouldn't be difficult
Share 49ersWebzone