There are 285 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by rockzz:

that AJ Brown trade

The AJ Brown trade and you can see this iteration if the Titans has likely peaked.

Not sure why they did this now and not at end of season. They currently are still top of their division lol and I think this GM was like their 2nd most winning GM they've had. Seems more of a distraction at this point.

Maybe some dirt is about to drop.

They've done so bad ever since his firing lol
Originally posted by boast:

Don't they see that Father Time has finally caught up to Tom Brady? Another year and he will just fall apart.
Just read an article that says the new Bronco coach will report directly to the owner. And that he, and Condoleezza Rice will be involved in the next head coaching search. DeMeco better steer clear of that clown show.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Just read an article that says the new Bronco coach will report directly to the owner. And that he, and Condoleezza Rice will be involved in the next head coaching search. DeMeco better steer clear of that clown show.

Broncos are probably in worse shape than the Raiders.

Rice has been involved in a few coaching searches before, including for Stanford most recently, its not the most bizarre thing to involve her. As far as reporting to the owner, its not like the 49ers setup is all that different. Shanahan doesn't report directly to Lynch, he reports to Jed.

The biggest issue with Denver is that the Russell Wilson contract is so limiting. Under the cap they can't afford to cut ties with him for a few years.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Rice has been involved in a few coaching searches before, including for Stanford most recently, its not the most bizarre thing to involve her. As far as reporting to the owner, its not like the 49ers setup is all that different. Shanahan doesn't report directly to Lynch, he reports to Jed.

The biggest issue with Denver is that the Russell Wilson contract is so limiting. Under the cap they can't afford to cut ties with him for a few years.

Being involved in hiring Troy Taylor is not a feather in her cap.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Being involved in hiring Troy Taylor is not a feather in her cap.

But you do admit that she was involved.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Neither of us know how much Jed is involved. Lynch has said on every bog move (trades, etc) that they always get Jed's approval. But this Bronco owners demand sounds total, all encompassing. Like Jerry Jones level. If you're cool with Condi Rice being in on a coaching hire, then we will just have to disagree.

Either way, if I was Ryans I would pass.
Harbs linked to the Denver job

Reporting directly to the owners isn't exactly a bad thing. I would assume the coach will have access to whatever he needs.
Neither of us know how much Jed is involved. Lynch has said on every bog move (trades, etc) that they always get Jed's approval. But this Bronco owners demand sounds total, all encompassing. Like Jerry Jones level. If you're cool with Condi Rice being in on a coaching hire, then we will just have to disagree.

Either way, if I was Ryans I would pass.

What we do know is that Shanahan reports directly to Jed, not to Lynch. Shanahan is the one that picked Lynch. So I don't see anything unusual about the Broncos approach thus far.

They clearly realize that there was a major screwup with the hiring of Hackett and are trying to alleviate it. Its new ownership, they could be good, they could be awful, its too early to tell but I don't blame them for being heavily involved in figuring out who is going to run their multibillion dollar investment.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Reporting directly to the owners isn't exactly a bad thing. I would assume the coach will have access to whatever he needs.

Remember how bad some of us wanted Paton as GM years back? He's 0-2 in Head Coaches in 2 years.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Remember how bad some of us wanted Paton as GM years back? He's 0-2 in Head Coaches in 2 years.

0-1. He only hired Hackett.
Share 49ersWebzone