There are 237 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Maybe selfish, but the first wave of opportunities for these guys is bad - and I hope they pass. Ryans may be intrigued about going back to the Texans, but that whole organization just seems to be in shambles right now. Yeah they have draft capital - but they also just fired one HC after a single season, so who know how much of it Ryans would get to use? Denver has a god defense, but being saddled with that big Wilson contract makes then less than ideal. And the Titans? Robinson left that team in an absolute shambles. The injuries really exposed the lack of depth, but even the top end talent is mediocre. So many holes to fill, they could not pay Peters enough to take that job! Plus the expectations are going to be unrealistic, because Nashville is trying to get a new domed stadium approved - with the hope of landing a Super Bowl in the not-too-far-future.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by miked1978:
I don't buy the race thing. Why would they even hire him if it was about race? I think its just incompetence from the GM.

Not shocked with the Kliff firing. His boy Kyler didnt help him at all and now they are stuck with him.

For my part I feel it's an artificial measure that serves only as a divisive tool (useful for TPTB) as opposed to a real natural concept.

That said, whether I buy into it or not, the vast majority of our society buys into "race" the notion hook, line, and sinker.

For the Texans it was partially about keeping up appearances coming off of some bad looks for the NFL in general, "See everyone, we hired a black guy, the Texans are still cool." But they never gave Lovie Smith a real chance and more-so just set him up for failure with only one season. It was also about weathering the storm of a few bad seasons (with patsy head coaches: Romeo Crennel, David Culley, and Lovie Smith) and then hiring the guy you wanted all along: Josh McCown. ... Or they could be smart and hire a real head coach and give that guy a genuine opportunity to succeed.

Kliff Kingsbury is an example of a truly bad head coach who was given four seasons to show that he didn't suck and is an example which supports the narrative.

I think they fired him cuz they lost a lot of games if HOU won he would still be coaching, my point is why fire him if they lose a lot of games that team wouldn't win this season with Lombardi as HC. Turning HOU into a winner is a multi year rebuild imo.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Let the raid of our coaching staff and front office begin.

I can never understand why us. Why don't they raid Buffulao, Philly, Kanasa City or Cincinati,

This is something I can never understand either. The way we are consistently raided you'd think we won the SB every year. I don't get it. Hopefully, the two men at the top (Lynch and Shanny) can keep the coaching/FO talent going. But losing Adam Peters will hurt if Lynch can't replace him. Shanny has proven he can match losing coordinators. We need to see if Lynch can match losing major personnel talent.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

This is how we win. Compensatory picks.

The 49ers need to name Adam Peters their new GM with the quickness.

That would mean promoting or moving on from Lynch, or Lynch going back into broadcasting. I don't see that happening.

That would mean promoting or moving on from Lynch, or Lynch going back into broadcasting. I don't see that happening.

Just make Lynch Vice President of football operations or something like that. I assume that the Niners aren't going to allow Ryans to interview until they're done with the playoffs. Most assistants interview for several jobs before they are offered one. Then it's up to him if he wants to take the job. Ryans is young enough that he will get many more opportunities so he doesn't need to be in a hurry. He can build on his resume and wait until the ideal situation comes along.
Both Cowboys assistant coaches are in the mix however MNF results could influence for or against
I think they fired him cuz they lost a lot of games if HOU won he would still be coaching, my point is why fire him if they lose a lot of games that team wouldn't win this season with Lombardi as HC. Turning HOU into a winner is a multi year rebuild imo.

It certainly is a multi year rebuild and has been for three seasons or so.

The Texans presented him with a team designed to lose a lot of games. They didn't fire him because he didn't win, they expected to lose. He was a patsy.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Just make Lynch Vice President of football operations or something like that. I assume that the Niners aren't going to allow Ryans to interview until they're done with the playoffs. Most assistants interview for several jobs before they are offered one. Then it's up to him if he wants to take the job. Ryans is young enough that he will get many more opportunities so he doesn't need to be in a hurry. He can build on his resume and wait until the ideal situation comes along.

Do you really think denying a minority candidate opportunities to interview and missing out on open jobs is really the culture you want to be associated with?
Originally posted by Crown:

Do you really think denying a minority candidate opportunities to interview and missing out on open jobs is really the culture you want to be associated with?

During a SB run, yes.

You don't see a promotion for him? Why not? He's always been the face, or the media guy as opposed to the nuts and bolts guy, which I see Adam Peters as.

I think it's smarter to hold onto the smart people and not let them walk out the door. That can be accomplished without moving on from Lynch.

Let's get real Ryans has done incredible work and moving from DC to HC is life changing money for him and his family. Not sure the specifics but he is getting his paychecks likely 10xed. So it sets up his entire fam and gives him an opportunity to run one of only 32 nfl squads that's a dream scenario to say he should back burner it for our own benefits is

NFL is not for long if he stays and we have weird injuries and finish 20th in D next year he may move out of the HC convo as fast as he moved in it through no fault of his own
Originally posted by ItsX4Number6:

During a SB run, yes.

Didn't we hire our current HC while he was in a Super Bowl run we interviewed and agreed to the terms while ATL was still playing ball, right?

No me. Plus, I don't think it's smart to stand in the way of assistants getting HC jobs. We do that and we'll have a hard time attracting good people to replace them. So I say let them go if they have the opportunity. Now, I think we should do all that we can (short of blocking them) to keep them. Losing Adam Peters is gonna hurt. I just hope Lynch is up to the task. As for losing Ryans I think Shanny likely has a plan for his replacement. Ryans has been on the HC radar for at least 2 seasons now. So I gotta believe there's a plan for his replacement.

During a SB run, yes.

Didn't we hire our current HC while he was in a Super Bowl run we interviewed and agreed to the terms while ATL was still playing ball, right?

How'd that turn out? I mean I'm not going to lose any sleep if he wants to interview and take a job and I bet the FO would allow it but I am the side that you finish what you start. And by that I mean taking job while still doing a job could become an unneeded distraction. This team is very capable of making a strong run here.

During a SB run, yes.

How'd that turn out? I mean I'm not going to lose any sleep if he wants to interview and take a job and I bet the FO would allow it but I am the side that you finish what you start. And by that I mean taking job while still doing a job could become an unneeded distraction. This team is very capable of making a strong run here.

so basically Shanny can do it but Ryans can't, he has to force Ryans not to?
Share 49ersWebzone