yikes

And every candidate of worth withdraws.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
If I was Denver, Houston or Arizona, I'd be looking at Peyton, Harbaugh and maybe McVay before I would hire any current assistant. That doesn't mean any of them would take those jobs but I'd prefer experience to any coordinator. A lot of really good coordinators have failed as a HC at least in their first try. Big difference between HC and coordinator. OCs tend to do a little better than DCs although there are exceptions.

McVay? Like Sean McVay?

Word is he is burned out I think the reality is he's staring at a FQB with spinal issues and no first round pick this year and none drafted over the past many years and he knows he's holding the bag on a team with the window shut.

I thought the reports was he wanted to just go into TV. Like if I was him I would 100% be looking into trying to spend more time at home with his wife.

Maybe he'll be the first play by play sideline coach.

My understanding is that he is just getting burnt out and is newly married. The coaching life isn't really good for a family, you're never around and when you are - you're not there mentally.

I mean, McVay accomplished what he was hired to do - take a roster that was mortgaging the future resources to a title. He did that. Why wouldn't he let someone else pay the tab?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Jcool:
yikes

If I'm Arizona, I'd finally give Eric Bienemy a shot. Because I wouldn't get my hopes up with Harbaugh or Payton. Brian Callahan would be another candidate I'd reach out to, his offenses have been keeping Cincy in contention. Just don't do anything stupid like hiring a wet behind the ears college coach again.

Vance Joseph...

yikes

Probably wants a Coach that will replace regular Practice with Madden Multiplayer parties.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If I'm Arizona, I'd finally give Eric Bienemy a shot. Because I wouldn't get my hopes up with Harbaugh or Payton. Brian Callahan would be another candidate I'd reach out to, his offenses have been keeping Cincy in contention. Just don't do anything stupid like hiring a wet behind the ears college coach again.

I would be wary of coaches who got a break because of who there dad was (Bill Callahan) with meh resumes working under an offensive head coach.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I would be wary of coaches who got a break because of who there dad was (Bill Callahan) with meh resumes working under an offensive head coach.

Ahh could always count on you to find something negative in one of my post. Since he's been OC they have only improved and went top 10 in offense the past two seasons, what makes DeMeco Ryans more qualified?

Ahh could always count on you to find something negative in one of my post. Since he's been OC they have only improved and went top 10 in offense the past two seasons, what makes DeMeco Ryans more qualified?

Callahan doesn't even call the plays in Cincinnati, its a similar system to the 49ers. All the offensive coaches have input into what plays are called with Zach Taylor making all in game play calls. Probably biggest reason for the improvement is a top 5 QB throwing to a 10 top WR. What would make Ryans more qualified is he actually runs the defense for the 49ers.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 10, 2023 at 6:35 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Callahan doesn't even call the plays in Cincinnati, its a similar system to the 49ers. All the offensive coaches have input into what plays are called with Zach Taylor making all in game play calls. Probably biggest reason for the improvement is a top 5 QB throwing to a 10 top WR. What would make Ryans more qualified is he actually runs the defense for the 49ers.

Oh so you mean Brian Callahan is like Mike McDaniel who is actually a head coach right now. Okay got it.

Wait lemme guess next you're gonna tell me at least Mike McDaniel got to call plays during the Preseason.

Brian Callahan actually has much more coaching experience and Coordinator experience than Ryans. You're over here acting like Callahan has no say in calling plays and just has the title.
Texans have no clue what to do, more lost than the Broncos are...

Albert Breer is saying the Cards are more likely to hire a HC from within.
He gone

Originally posted by Heroism:
He gone

Originally posted by Heroism:
He gone

I hope Kyle can find a spot on the coaching staff for Zac Robinson.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Watch the Rams get Payton or Harbaugh.
Share 49ersWebzone