There are 229 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
A year ago, the Jaguars were reportedly on the verge of hiring Byron Leftwich as their next HC, however things hit a snag when Leftwich demanded that Jacksonville fire Trent Baalke and instead hire Adrian Wilson of Arizona to be GM. Jacksonville declined, opted to go with Doug Pederson as their HC, retained Baalke and now a year later, the Jaguars are in the divisional round of the playoffs and Leftwich just got fired as OC of Tampa.

Life comes at you fast.

It does. It worked out well for the Jaguars and Pederson who I felt was scapegoated in Philadelphia. But I can't blame Leftwich for wanting that. Baalke started off well here too. Leftwich is going to have to rebuild his rep.
Originally posted by Garce:
I can't believe the Chargers fired their OC, DC and QB Coach but Brandon Staley still has a job. What the F

Staley is gone next year if that team doesn't produce.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Jan 21, 2023 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
A year ago, the Jaguars were reportedly on the verge of hiring Byron Leftwich as their next HC, however things hit a snag when Leftwich demanded that Jacksonville fire Trent Baalke and instead hire Adrian Wilson of Arizona to be GM. Jacksonville declined, opted to go with Doug Pederson as their HC, retained Baalke and now a year later, the Jaguars are in the divisional round of the playoffs and Leftwich just got fired as OC of Tampa.

Life comes at you fast.

It does. It worked out well for the Jaguars and Pederson who I felt was scapegoated in Philadelphia. But I can't blame Leftwich for wanting that. Baalke started off well here too. Leftwich is going to have to rebuild his rep.

he shouldn't have been fired. Totally unfair. Brady is getting super old.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Statistically Brady was still a top 10 QB and Tampa was historically bad at running the football.

Statistically Brady was still a top 10 QB and Tampa was historically bad at running the football.

Felt like the team got worst which lead to the team not doing as well. I think they were #1 in ppg in both 2020 and 2021.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
There should be another coaching vacancy in Tampa Bay after the game tonight.

That guy was terrible.. lot of talent.. all sizzle and no steak with that team plus you gonna throw 66 and run 9

Come on man
What?
Originally posted by rockzz:
Fangio with the Niners? I don't know about that one. He runs a different system than we do?
Fall guy. O was on point with Lamar. VA was right that was a pink slip play and Roman got the slip.
VA?
This one was obvious.. good players but I don't know what happened. NYG won that matchup when they hired Martindale and MIN didn't.
Why do you think so? Martindale was a candidate in MIN too?
Offense is still pretty talented. What else do you need to thrive?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by rockzz:
Fangio with the Niners? I don't know about that one. He runs a different system than we do?

It was said in the Demeco Ryans thread that Ryans runs a similar system to Fangio only the D-line is different. If they hired Fangio, I hope he keeps Kocurek. I'm pretty sure Corey Undlin would be gone since he would wanna bring Ed Donatell with him.

Statistically he had one of his worst season since his game managing days in the 1st half of the NE dynasty.

It's wild that a 45-year-old set the record for most passing attempts in a season, and then proceeded to attempt 66 more passes.

The O-line situation was a tad bit messed up with their LG suddenly retiring and then not having their Center until their first playoff game (and probably still not fully in-shape) didn't help either.
McDermott will be in question if the Bills come up with another s**tty performance in the playoffs.
Being bad in one game is ok, it happens. But being not only bad in two games but being dominated, at home, that says a lot of things, not good ones.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
It was said in the Demeco Ryans thread that Ryans runs a similar system to Fangio only the D-line is different. If they hired Fangio, I hope he keeps Kocurek. I'm pretty sure Corey Undlin would be gone since he would wanna bring Ed Donatell with him.

Personally, if Fangio and Kocurek can't work together, I keep Kocurek and find a new coordinator. Not that bothered about Fangio anyway, pretty sure we can do better. But Kocurek stays!
Share 49ersWebzone