There are 268 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
It was said in the Demeco Ryans thread that Ryans runs a similar system to Fangio only the D-line is different. If they hired Fangio, I hope he keeps Kocurek. I'm pretty sure Corey Undlin would be gone since he would wanna bring Ed Donatell with him.

Personally, if Fangio and Kocurek can't work together, I keep Kocurek and find a new coordinator. Not that bothered about Fangio anyway, pretty sure we can do better. But Kocurek stays!

I'm with you English, I feel the same way. Kocurek has been so much not only to the D-line but the defense in general. I kinda hope they hire within, I'm sure there's some on the defensive staff that can step up.
Originally posted by communist:
McDermott will be in question if the Bills come up with another s**tty performance in the playoffs.
Being bad in one game is ok, it happens. But being not only bad in two games but being dominated, at home, that says a lot of things, not good ones.

Males you wonder just how much losing Daboll hurt them.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
McDermott will be in question if the Bills come up with another s**tty performance in the playoffs.
Being bad in one game is ok, it happens. But being not only bad in two games but being dominated, at home, that says a lot of things, not good ones.

Josh Allen has a turnover problem that seemed to be getting better in 2020 but the last two seasons has been in issue again.

That's sucks
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tohara3:

That's sucks

I'm thinking it also has to do with trade compensation.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by tohara3:

That's sucks

I'm thinking it also has to do with trade compensation.

Yeah I've heard reports that the Saints want two 1st round picks in exchange.

Definitely. Not saying he should be fired but going to have to do a lot of soul searching. I'm not going to say Super Bowl or bust for Buffalo, but yeah, they need to at least make a run, which won't be easy in the AFC.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/25/some-think-broncos-could-make-a-decision-as-soon-as-wednesday/

Maybe Broncos could be making a decision on Wednesday
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Definitely. Not saying he should be fired but going to have to do a lot of soul searching. I'm not going to say Super Bowl or bust for Buffalo, but yeah, they need to at least make a run, which won't be easy in the AFC.

Its a good thing McDermott is so agressive in his play calls, reason #1 why he's playing in the AFC championship game. It's also another great thing that he has his QB situation sorted out which is reason #2 why he doesn't have to worry about that for a few years. Kyle needs to take notes from this guy. This is what S Tier coaching is about.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Jan 25, 2023 at 2:30 AM ]

He isn't the most reliable reporter. Take what he says with a grain of salt.
Ejiro Evero has interviewed for all 5 openings and now has 2nd interviews set up with the Colts and Texans. Would like to see this man gets a gig sooner than later, good young up and coming DC.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
Ejiro Evero has interviewed for all 5 openings and now has 2nd interviews set up with the Colts and Texans. Would like to see this man gets a gig sooner than later, good young up and coming DC.

Agreed. I'd prefer him over a rethread like Dan Quinn (not saying Dan isn't deserving, but Evero crushed it as DC).
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by evil:

Agreed. I'd prefer him over a rethread like Dan Quinn (not saying Dan isn't deserving, but Evero crushed it as DC).

He's a one year coordinator handed to the keys to a very talented unit. Not saying that he's a bad candidate but the NFL history of HC busts that matches that description is a long one.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Josh Allen has a turnover problem that seemed to be getting better in 2020 but the last two seasons has been in issue again.

As much as I love to watch the strong arm QBs make big plays, they often try to make plays that aren't there because of that strong arm. They think they can always fit the ball into a tight space and end up throwing an INT.
Share 49ersWebzone