There are 260 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Jets hired Nathaniel Hackett as OC.

Guess they are going after Rodgers... Good luck...

Could Wilson end up in GB with the other Lafleur brother as part of the deal? Or maybe both Lafleur brothers?

Mike Lafleur is McVay's O.C. now.

Nothing is official but it's said he has the inside track.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Frank Reich. Terrible hire

Should have just went with Steve Wilks.

Wilks is the worst. Reich at least went to the playoffs while changing QBs yearly. Wilks is Tomsula/Singletary level as a HC. Another "we need to look at the dadgum film and make improvements" type. He shouldn't be anything more than a secondary coach.

I imagine you were able to see Steve Wilks' work up close and personal in Arizona, but I wasn't commenting on whether he was good or not.

They should have just went with Wilks anyway for another year to prove your comment out, then jumped into the carousel next off-season when/if it came to that.

In doing so they give dude a real shot to prove himself with the byproduct being able to avoid the scrutiny of replacing a black coach with a retread white coach.

Not that the organization's owner GAF about the scrutiny, it's his toy and he can play with it how he wants to. That said, Frank Reich does have a better resume.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Panthers went with Frank, damn I thought they would want someone fresh.

CAR: We need an offensive mind going forward and have to stabilize the QB position.

Fans: You hired the guy who got fired in INDY because he had a new QB every year and his offense stank...he went 3-5-1

Interim coach Wilks had a better record at 6-6

Carolina like the Colts, also changes QB's every single year. Cam > Teddy > Darnold > PJW > Baker
I imagine you were able to see Steve Wilks' work up close and personal in Arizona, but I wasn't commenting on whether he was good or not.

They should have just went with Wilks anyway for another year to prove your comment out, then jumped into the carousel next off-season when/if it came to that.

In doing so they give dude a real shot to prove himself with the byproduct being able to avoid the scrutiny of replacing a black coach with a retread white coach.

Not that the organization's owner GAF about the scrutiny, it's his toy and he can play with it how he wants to. That said, Frank Reich does have a better resume.

When Reich had a decent QB in Indy, Reich did well. I think he got scapegoated because the GM doesn't know how to manage assets and the owner is crazy.

If the idea in Carolina is to invest in a young QB, Reich is a far better option than Wilks whose specialty seems to be throwing his own players under the bus.

Sometimes coaches deserve another shot, sometimes coaches come across so terrible that the only way a team will win is in spite of them. Wilks is in that latter category.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

When Reich had a decent QB in Indy, Reich did well. I think he got scapegoated because the GM doesn't know how to manage assets and the owner is crazy.

If the idea in Carolina is to invest in a young QB, Reich is a far better option than Wilks whose specialty seems to be throwing his own players under the bus.

Sometimes coaches deserve another shot, sometimes coaches come across so terrible that the only way a team will win is in spite of them. Wilks is in that latter category.

Well said.

Fair enough. It really should be about the merit/skills of the candidate as opposed to anything else. I wonder if they will find someone at #9 that Reich can mold.
The only thing i want is Indy to hire Saturday

I hope all real candidates withdraw and force that move

Maybe they are going to offer Bieniemy the job?
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jan 27, 2023 at 12:31 PM ]

Who says the Colts will be "forced" to hire Saturday? Irsay probably prefers Saturday over the more qualified candidates.

Originally posted by GEEK:

Well said.

To Wilks defense I think the team was 2-7? when he took over and brought them back into playoff contention even though it was the NFC South that was still a pretty solid job without CMC, they probably would've made it if they didn't let Mike Evans do 3 go routes for TDs on them lol..
  • All22
  • Veteran
I like Fangio but you gotta think Kyle has been grooming *someone* internal to take over for Ryans.
[ Edited by All22 on Jan 27, 2023 at 8:08 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by All22:
I like Fangio but you gotta think Kyle has been grooming *someone* internal to take over for Ryans.

My guess is Daniel Bullocks or Cory Undlin.
Share 49ersWebzone