LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 207 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Maybe Dan Q or go the hell after Harbaugh.
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Harbaugh going to the Chargers or Raiders

Nope!!! There's already a deal in place to keep him in Michigan. $11 mil a year.

That honestly doesnt mean a thing when it comes to College contracts.

He is going to be coveted by the chargers, Raiders and Michigan.. wherever he goes, it wont be because of money.

The Chargers/Harbaugh makes sense. Top coaches make more that $11m a year. Justin is a hell of a QB despite this year and the mocking of him. This might be the best open spot in the league if you can deal with ownership. Justin needs a reset as does this team.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by JustinMT:

bout time.

Couple seasons too late but hey, good going guys. Let the Belichick/Harbaugh rumors commence!

They should be looking at some like a Ben Johnson IMO.
If Harbaugh really wants to get back to the NFL, The Chargers job must look pretty enticing.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
If Harbaugh really wants to get back to the NFL, The Chargers job must look pretty enticing.

He was in San Diego for a while. Even as a coach. He could fix that program. It's LA now but still southern CA.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 15, 2023 at 11:23 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He was in San Diego for a while. Even as a coach. He could fix that program. It's LA now but still southern CA.

He has to make sure he doesn't bring along another Baalke.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He has to make sure he doesn't bring along another Baalke.

Let him make the choice on GM. Or give him some GM powers. I think he can pick players pretty good.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Overkill:

Chargers should go get Belichick if the Pats fire him

Why because of name? He's old and out of touch with todays game. He's in his 70's. He should go hit the boat and have a beer.

I agree BB seems to have lost the path somehow.

All of which leads me to reluctantly recognize the accomplishments of Pete Carroll. At 72, he has, once again managed to keep the Seahawks in the playoff picture. Despite a complete turnover from the Legion of Doom/Russell Wilson days, they are still a factor. That is something BB has not been able to do in the post-Brady years.

*now I'm going to wash off my keyboard from having type that*
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Overkill:

Chargers should go get Belichick if the Pats fire him

Why because of name? He's old and out of touch with todays game. He's in his 70's. He should go hit the boat and have a beer.

I agree BB seems to have lost the path somehow.

All of which leads me to reluctantly recognize the accomplishments of Pete Carroll. At 72, he has, once again managed to keep the Seahawks in the playoff picture. Despite a complete turnover from the Legion of Doom/Russell Wilson days, they are still a factor. That is something BB has not been able to do in the post-Brady years.

*now I'm going to wash off my keyboard from having type that*

Good post, nothing wrong with showing respect to the greats, Pete, I can root against SEA like mad, and still have respect. Being a NFL HC it's not easy, you gotta manage 50+ strong willed personalities, and match wits with the best in the world at the profession, while keeping ownership, fans, FO, all happy. So it's a high stress, difficult job, and I have respect for those who can do it, and do it well.
Maybe they'd be open to trade Bosa for a few draft picks!

Harbaugh is the move for LAC. They need a big exciting personality with a good track record to save that franchise and compete in the LA market
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Harbaugh is the move for LAC. They need a big exciting personality with a good track record to save that franchise and compete in the LA market

yeah would make sense. Plus he would already have a QB

How is that job enticing? They are in serious cap trouble.
let's bump up some names that may be in the next round of hires

Wilks SF DC
do we say Joe Brady BUF OC?
Macdonald BAL DC
Slowik HOU
Pierce LV interim
Quinn DAL DC
Johnson DET OC
Share 49ersWebzone