LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 283 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
if they're willing to pony up for him it makes a ton of sense

Be pretty shocking to see the Spanos family actually spend for once.
Yep I'll believe it when I see it.

Not sure if it's legal or how it works but didn't Chargers put out feelers towards him? They know they have to pay.

Was watching a morning sports show Mike Greeny said he was at a social event and he was talking with Harbaugh, and they weren't talking specific teams just the QB landscape and he said Harbaugh never stopped talking Herbert. Feels he is generational. Better than all the rest. Went on and on.. Fan since high school.

You know it's coming if true conversation.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by captveg:
Peters strikes me as a guy who won't just take any GM job that comes along, and is picky about the ownership situation. That's why he's remained longer than expected, IMO.

San Diego with Harbaugh

Um, if he is picky about ownership, is he likely to end up with Spanos?
Raiders make the most sense - when it comes to ownership, power and fanbase.
Roster wise, the chargers will be an immediate turnaround. They are set at QB but a horrible cap.
What are the open Coaching Positions?

Chargers
Raiders
Panthers

Possible:
Commanders
Bears
New England?
Atlanta?
New Orleans?
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by picklejuice:
who is going to be the OC for harbaugh? greg roman?

If he wants to win it'd be one of Kyle's assistants. I don't think Harbaugh as a coach is committed to any 1 style of offense.

If it's not for a HC job, Shanahan will at least do something to prevent any of his assistants to be another HC assistants.

Not sure if it's legal or how it works but didn't Chargers put out feelers towards him? They know they have to pay.

Was watching a morning sports show Mike Greeny said he was at a social event and he was talking with Harbaugh, and they weren't talking specific teams just the QB landscape and he said Harbaugh never stopped talking Herbert. Feels he is generational. Better than all the rest. Went on and on.. Fan since high school.

You know it's coming if true conversation.
I don't doubt that they are interested I just doubt they'll pay the price it'll take if he's interested,he could love Herbert and have no interest in working for ownership considering their reputation.
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:

Chargers
Raiders
Panthers

Possible:
Commanders
Bears
New England?
Atlanta?
New Orleans?

Chargers, they got the best qb out of the bunch. Best chance for quick turn around success.
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by picklejuice:
who is going to be the OC for harbaugh? greg roman?

If he wants to win it'd be one of Kyle's assistants. I don't think Harbaugh as a coach is committed to any 1 style of offense.

If it's not for a HC job, Shanahan will at least do something to prevent any of his assistants to be another HC assistants.

I'd be kinda pissed if Harbaugh went away from his traditional ground and pound ROMANATOR offense........when he had multiple opportunities in SF and never did it!!!

Wonder if this is Bill B last day? I think NE should refresh, inject new blood. Would be strange to see Bill out.

Black Monday coming (or even black Sunday night)
Wonder if this is Bill B last day? I think NE should refresh, inject new blood. Would be strange to see Bill out.

If BB still wants to be a part of Football he should take a Front Office job. Would be less stressful but still allow him to be near the game.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

If BB still wants to be a part of Football he should take a Front Office job. Would be less stressful but still allow him to be near the game.

He is an X's and O's guy. Not FO IMO
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Chargers
Raiders
Panthers

Possible:
Commanders
Bears
New England?
Atlanta?
New Orleans?

Take Bears off the list, they are keeping Eberflus. Although I've heard that before.

If I were a head coaching candidate, no way would I even think about the Panthers job. And right now, the most attracting job looks to be the Chargers, Justin Herbert and a decent defense should be a quick turnaround. Especially now that the Chiefs look like crap and Denver most likely starting over at QB, the AFC West is weak right now.

Chargers
Raiders
Panthers

Possible:
Commanders
Bears
New England?
Atlanta?
New Orleans?

I don't think the Commanders fall under the possible category.
I see "River Boat Ron" as a "Dead Man Walking"!
Share 49ersWebzone