Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
That's probably the end of firings until other teams end their season

what about BB
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

what about BB

He may give up his GM duties and stay , maybe ?

what about BB

The way the year played out, it's hard to envision him back as HC
also the drafting and Mac development or lack thereof, they have a high end pick I think #3
so they probably 'mutually agree to part ways' and he gets a big going away present

what about BB

Lame- won't happen I don't think. Can you see gruppy just sit there while someone else decides the pick and he doesn't like it? It's too much of a weird situation. He's done. I get the love of football but it is still just a job. If I had millions and was 72 I'd be on my killer boat and house in Martha's Vineyard and enjoy what's left.

What happened years ago is in the rearview. I do not think he is the one for the future in NE. They should cut all ties and start fresh. His one line comments with the press and all else things Bill are stale.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Jan 8, 2024 at 10:45 AM ]

what about BB

The way the year played out, it's hard to envision him back as HC
also the drafting and Mac development or lack thereof, they have a high end pick I think #3
so they probably 'mutually agree to part ways' and he gets a big going away present

That makes the most sense ..... just weird how it was
Unofficially announced and now it's soooo delayed .
That makes the most sense ..... just weird how it was
Unofficially announced and now it's soooo delayed .

If I'm Kraft, I have a sit down, and say look a change is gonna be best for both parties. You need a new set of eyes looking at the NE roster. Also a new team for Bill it would be new challenge and excitement. So it would be good for both. Maybe BB will have his TB12 moment, of taking a new team to great heights.
And as they have said on the shows today, Bill NEVER NEVER NEVER mentions anything about his contract. Today he said I am under contract twice. I think he is telling Kraft fire me. I'm not leaving on my own. Well Bill, that may be the way it is. I think Kraft would prefer the mutually parts ways line which is basically the same thing but somewhat makes him look more the hero on the horse in the sunset. Whatever works. Go. It's over. Done.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Jan 8, 2024 at 10:48 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erson3:
And as they have said on the shows today, Bill NEVER NEVER NEVER mentions anything about his contract. Today he said I am under contract twice. I think he is telling Kraft fire me. I'm not leaving on my own. Well Bill, that may be the way it is. I think Kraft would prefer the mutually parts ways line which is basically the same thing but somewhat makes him look more the hero on the horse in the sunset. Whatever works. Go. It's over. Done.

Yeah I think Kraft really wants him to just Retire and is even probably offering him incentives to do that so he doesn't leave on bad terms. i think Bill is playing hardball though and being a little stubborn.
Wink Martindale just resigned from the Giants

yikes
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

yikes

And he'd be hired in a nanosecond.

Teams look for offensive gurus. Say what you want about him but he's an elite offensive coach.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
And he'd be hired in a nanosecond.

Teams look for offensive gurus. Say what you want about him but he's an elite offensive coach.

I think it would be comically stupid to fire him.
No chance McDaniels gets fired for losing on Saturday
No chance McDaniels gets fired for losing on Saturday

Didn't actually read the article but it says he'd be on the hotseat with a loss. Imagine he'd get one more year.
Share 49ersWebzone