Atlanta Falcons

Current GM vacancies :

Carolina Panthers
Las Vegas Raiders
Los Angeles Chargers
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
No chance McDaniels gets fired for losing on Saturday

Didn't actually read the article but it says he'd be on the hotseat with a loss. Imagine he'd get one more year.

I think a huge blow out "may" put him on the hot seat .

but it's going to be frigid cold , they lost 2 of their best pass
rushers (another went down last night so could be 3 ) and Hill and Waddle are not 100% healthy .

Tua is over achieving IMO .

yikes

lol, Tua leads the NFL in passing, and they have been relevant since he arrived. He actually brought a stylish, high octane, style of football, and team speed, that fits the city of Mia. this is the best the Dolphins have been since Shula / Marino. Mostert had a 20+ touchdown season.
Miami should stay the course with Mike McD and Fangio. What they need is good depth to go the full 17 games and playoffs. They have improved each year that Mike had been there. It would be a huge mistake to fired McDaniels.
Wink Martindale avail, one of the better DCs, and probably will get consideration from Philly as they are having D issues

rushers (another went down last night so could be 3 ) and Hill and Waddle are not 100% healthy .

Agreed. He's done a great job overall and has worked a Jimmy G - Kyle like miracle having Tua in MVP conversations for two straight years.

His first two years have been very successful. The team is not a legitimate contender yet and I don't think that's a coaching shortcoming. They're ahead of schedule if anything.

Agreed. He's done a great job overall and has worked a Jimmy G - Kyle like miracle having Tua in MVP conversations for two straight years.

His first two years have been very successful. The team is not a legitimate contender yet and I don't think that's a coaching shortcoming. They're ahead of schedule if anything.
Sure would be nice if they canned him to bring him back home though. Granted I bet someone else like Atlanta would snatch him up quick.
I have a casual interest in the coaching changes every year, it's just interesting to me how teams approach their change of direction/strategy. Then, I take a step back and am grateful that the Niners not only haven't had to deal with this in the last seven years, but likely won't for the foreseeable future as well.
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
Sure would be nice if they canned him to bring him back home though. Granted I bet someone else like Atlanta would snatch him up quick.

Yea I couldn't see him being on the market long. Obviously would love to have him back. Same with either of our two previous DCs.

yikes
That's because the owner is a total douche

Originally posted by ninerjok:

yikes

If that were to happen I'm sure one of two things would happen: A. Some team would gladly swoop in and hire him as their H.C. or B. Kyle would be giddy to welcome him back to his coaching staff with open arms.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerjok:

yikes

Firing Mike McDaniels would be one of thee dumbest moves in the NFL. Don't they remember what they were before he got there. f**kin morons.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Firing Mike McDaniels would be one of thee dumbest moves in the NFL. Don't they remember what they were before he got there. f**kin morons.

I've seen fans argue about how strongly they finished under Flores and that there hasn't been substantial improvement record-wise from that season (obviously moreso in '22). On the surface it makes sense but it's absolutely stupid as hell beyond the surface lol.
No chance McDaniels gets fired for losing on Saturday

Didn't actually read the article but it says he'd be on the hotseat with a loss. Imagine he'd get one more year.

read the article, it says the seat will be rather warm and he says it'll be dumb of them to fire him if they lost Saturday. He brings up a lot of good points though on what it would mean for Mcdaniels if they were to lose.
If Miami owner is STUPID enough to let Woody Allen go, I wouldn't mind Chargers calling him up so he could coach up Herbert and that offense
Share 49ersWebzone