There are 287 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Titans fired their coach

If Belichick is really out in NE then I expect Vrabel would be the favorite to take over there.

Carthon is going to target Bobby Slowik.

So technically Carthon fired him I guess? Of course the owner had to approve it I'm sure. Ran wants his own guy.

I wonder if Ran is going to pull Bobby Slowik out of Houston. I would think he needs another year or two of seasoning, but who knows? If that were to happen hopefully they wouldn't pull to many cost of our staff.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Especially at Wide receiver. Good thing the Chargers have a couple.

Are we basing this on his time with the Niners?

He didn't have personnel control. AJ Jenkins draft pick very likely first major rift between Harbs and Baalke.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
So the question is now, does Harbaugh go to LA and coach a team he once played for or Vegas where he becomes THE DON of Sin City…

I hope the Eagles' don't fire Sirianni and go after Harbaugh.

Agreed. I would prefer the Eagles continue to be the undisciplined team. I think Harbaugh goes to Chargers, Vrabel to Patriots, Belichick to Falcons, Johnson to Titans and Ravens DC Mike MacDonald to the Commanders.
not sure about the other guys but i would put money on Patriots keeping BB and adding Mcdaniels and Vrabel
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 9, 2024 at 3:39 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
not sure about the other guys but i would put money on Patriots keeping BB and adding Mcdaniels and Vrabel

I doubt Vrabel takes anything but another HC gig.

I doubt Vrabel takes anything but another HC gig.
not sure a losing coach would get offered a HC position with teams wanting fresh/hot talented coords or college coaches.

He may need to take a step back to move forward
not sure a losing coach would get offered a HC position with teams wanting fresh/hot talented coords or college coaches.

Vrabel viewed as high quality head coach around the league though, and there's not exactly a long list of in demand coordinators.

You'd be better off betting he's the next HC of NE.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Vrabel viewed as high quality head coach around the league though, and there's not exactly a long list of in demand coordinators.

You'd be better off betting he's the next HC of NE.
i'm sure he's a great guy, but most of these teams have been losing. Vrabel is coming off back to back losing seasons on the back end of his 6 year titan career

I'm not saying he will never be a HC again, i just think he may have to take a coord/Asst HC for a year if he doesn't get any offers
Shocked by Vrabel. The Titans needed a reset, not a new coach in my opinion. But maybe Carthon wants his own guy. Coming from the 49ers and all. Our tree has been picked bone dry however lol. There's no fruit left to pick and the Houston, Miami, and New York Jets trees have barely begun to bear fruit. Sometimes when you fire a coach matters. It appears there are more jobs available than high quality candidates.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Shocked by Vrabel. The Titans needed a reset, not a new coach in my opinion. But maybe Carthon wants his own guy. Coming from the 49ers and all. Our tree has been picked bone dry however lol. There's no fruit left to pick and the Houston, Miami, and New York Jets trees have barely begun to bear fruit. Sometimes when you fire a coach matters. It appears there are more jobs available than high quality candidates.

the shocking part was them gutting his roster then expecting him to do better lol...
After hearing of the Vrabel firing I decided to update my info, and check on what I thought I knew.
Is it just me, or are franchises going crazy with the Pink Slips now that the regular season has ended?

In total, nineteen (19) persons have been fired with one (1) resignation*
Three (3) teams seemingly have EVERYONE in line for interviews. In order, they are:

Panthers, seventeen (17) total requests to date:
HC - Nine (9)
GM - eight (8)

Chargers, thirteen (13) requests to date:
HC - Nine (9)
GM - Four (4)

Commanders, eleven (11) total requests to date:
HC - Six (6)
Head of Football Operations - Five (5)

* DC "Wink" Martindale Edit: Resigned, and was gone - now he's not ?!
"Paul Schwartz of the New York Post on Tuesday night that Martindale cursed out head coach Brian Daboll and stormed out of
the building after the Giants fired his right-hand man, outside linebackers coach Drew Wilkins, along with his younger brother Kevin" …

On Another Note:
Because of their QB, the hyped franchise in this hiring cycle is the Chargers.
Seeing as the NFCS is Meh, if I'm an aspiring HC candidate I'd consider ATL.
Knowing a little something about Spanos, I'm avoiding that job like the plague.

Arthur Blank, on the other hand, is non-meddling (for the most part), and just wants to win.
The Falcons own eight (8) picks in the upcoming 2024 NFL Draft:

• Round 1 - (8th Overall)
  • Round 2
  • Round 3
  • Round 4 (from JAX)
  • Round 4
  • Round 5
  • Round 6
  • Round 6 (via CLE)

Pre-increase, their total Salary Cap is $212,986,084 for 2024 - that's estimated at $36,800,8202. And true,
Desmond Ridder isn't the answer, but they have pieces - Arthur Smith, just refused to use them properly.
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Jan 10, 2024 at 7:37 AM ]

He's not a losing coach though, he led the Titans to four straight winning seasons before the prior GM traded away AJ Brown and other key players along with flailing repeatedly with bad draft picks. He was continually given a weaker roster and expected to make chicken salad out of chickens**t.

He's going to be very in demand assuming that there's no sweetheart deal made with Kraft and the Patriots in advance. Titans fans are mostly pissed that he's being let go.

He's not a losing coach though, he led the Titans to four straight winning seasons before the prior GM traded away AJ Brown and other key players along with flailing repeatedly with bad draft picks. He was continually given a weaker roster and expected to make chicken salad out of chickens**t.

He's going to be very in demand assuming that there's no sweetheart deal made with Kraft and the Patriots in advance. Titans fans are mostly pissed that he's being let go.

Its risky in today's NFL to hire a HC that is so dependent on his coordinators and elite talent. With his "skill" being he is a leader.

According to every account I've read and watched today, he has vaulted to the #1 candidate in the 2024 HC hiring cycle.
Lol Bears.
Soooo...its Luke Getsy's fault lol. They are absolutely keeping Justin Fields if they are firing the OC. Probably means a small trade down and they draft Marvin Harrison.
Share 49ersWebzone