LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 271 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Haha yes please

Good news. Quinn is a solid coach but these defensive minded head coaches tend to flame out faster. Seems like they tend to tie themselves to game manager qb's and trying to rely on the defense. That's just not going to cut it these days.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Glad to see Pete go. Even after their run ended, he'd manage to keep the s**tty Seattle teams annoyingly gritty and competitive.

Harbaugh is going to have a ton of offers.

wow, didn't like this guy for a long time, but grew to respect his ability to lead a group of men year in and out
always young at heart

wonder if SEA has eyes on Quinn, with Carroll moving upstairs or something (FO)
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Don't do it Jim please don't do it. I know Jed did you dirty but please don't do it.

Jim ain't leaving his $15M a yr gig to coach Geno Smith. He's gonna go to a place that doesn't have a GM with any say as well.

I never doubt someone being hell bent on revenge. Harbaugh has conquered College football and now wants to dominate the NFL. He can get a job with his ex employers rival and maybe he just goes and signs Kirk Cousins who knows. I always expect the worst when it comes to 49er news.
Harbaugh I bet. If so, the future might be rough.
Originally posted by 8080849ers:

He ain't going to SEA, he has no ties there, and that would be like violating Carroll's office so to speak, to have such a rival occupy the job. Pete I don't think is canned, he just is stepping away, you think Pete would say yeah let's get Jim Harbaugh?
Carroll dismissal is a mistake for Seahawks that I'll gladly have the Niners benefit from. Guess that's the cost of him losing four straight games for the first time in Seattle this past season...
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 8080849ers:

He ain't going to SEA, he has no ties there, and that would be like violating Carroll's office so to speak, to have such a rival occupy the job. Pete I don't think is canned, he just is stepping away, you think Pete would say yeah let's get Jim Harbaugh?
the enemy (Harb) to my enemy (49ers) is my friend... did i get that right ?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
I'd imagine Tepper completely lost it yesterday, after the Texans made the playoffs, and then won the AFCS with the Jax'ville loss

Tepper is a f**king a*****e.
Love seeing everyone he passed on having success.

Originally posted by tankle104:
The bears are trying to emulate the 2022 eagles. They'll run a similar system to what the eagles do. Try to surround fields with an insane amount of talent and a stout D. It would be effective but I still think that fields would never be elite.

personally, I think they should trade fields for a ransom (whatever it is). Draft Williams and some other top skill players prospect with their other top 10 pick.

fire their head coach and get a top tier offensive mind to develop and grow with him. Possibly detroits OC. Harbaugh would be an excellent fit there too. I don't think there are great HC prospects this year though.

I'm really kinda irritated, Eberflus, and I can't say I know what goes on there, but he looked a lil clueless all year. And he had players like Fields saying 'coaching' is the problem to media. So it was a lil unprofessional, and now they have top pick, that would have been an attractive job, if they made it available.

Also if you look at Daboll, last year's COY, it seems his entire staff is having a mutiny on him right now

Meanwhile the uncrowded coach of the year Kyle keeps assembling the modern day Walsh tree.
Jim Harbaugh incoming to seahags, lol. Making our worst nightmare come true. I hope to hell not.
I heard somebody say on the radio said that Tepper has fired 4 coaches in 2 years. That's crazy.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'd imagine Tepper completely lost it yesterday, after the Texans made the playoffs, and then won the AFCS with the Jax'ville loss

The bears are trying to emulate the 2022 eagles. They'll run a similar system to what the eagles do. Try to surround fields with an insane amount of talent and a stout D. It would be effective but I still think that fields would never be elite.

personally, I think they should trade fields for a ransom (whatever it is). Draft Williams and some other top skill players prospect with their other top 10 pick.

fire their head coach and get a top tier offensive mind to develop and grow with him. Possibly detroits OC. Harbaugh would be an excellent fit there too. I don't think there are great HC prospects this year though.

I'm really kinda irritated, Eberflus, and I can't say I know what goes on there, but he looked a lil clueless all year. And he had players like Fields saying 'coaching' is the problem to media. So it was a lil unprofessional, and now they have top pick, that would have been an attractive job, if they made it available.

Also if you look at Daboll, last year's COY, it seems his entire staff is having a mutiny on him right now

Meanwhile the uncrowded coach of the year Kyle keeps assembling the modern day Walsh tree.

Texans have one more good year and Slowik will be next up.
I shook Kyle's hand too hard.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Texans have one more good year and Slowik will be next up.

He may be this year. There has been talk that Tennessee will pursue him with Ran Carthon running things.
I didn't even think about this someone in the seabag thread just suggested Carroll the next 49ers DC haha. That kills me. It's actually a great idea.
Don't do it Jim please don't do it. I know Jed did you dirty but please don't do it.

Jim ain't leaving his $15M a yr gig to coach Geno Smith. He's gonna go to a place that doesn't have a GM with any say as well.

I never doubt someone being hell bent on revenge. Harbaugh has conquered College football and now wants to dominate the NFL. He can get a job with his ex employers rival and maybe he just goes and signs Kirk Cousins who knows. I always expect the worst when it comes to 49er news.

That's fair. FWIW Geno has a $30M cap hit next yr and over half of it they eat if they cut him.

currently they have like $1m in cap space…oh and Jamal Adams is a DM hit of $20m when they cut him as well.

whomever is the HC is gonna expect a regression, that ain't Harbs. Plus his boy Caroll isn't leaving he's an adviser.
Share 49ersWebzone