There are 280 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 8080849ers:
Harbaugh I bet. If so, the future might be rough.

He ain't going to SEA, he has no ties there, and that would be like violating Carroll's office so to speak, to have such a rival occupy the job. Pete I don't think is canned, he just is stepping away, you think Pete would say yeah let's get Jim Harbaugh?

They already said he will be an advisor. So he's not leaving. Not sure why people think Harbs would take that job?

So he can lose twice a year to SF? They got some bad contracts and no long-term QB. Harbs isn't gonna be the man shot caller there either. Dan Quinn making too much sense

All I can say about the Pete Carroll news is Wooooooo!!!!!

HE GONE!

Carroll was a really good coach. The Seacocks will be be a bad team next year.
Seahawks will be battling for the first overall pick next season
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Never forget : they had the capital to move up for CJ Stroud and chose to roll with Geno instead.

Holy s**t......damnnn!

PHEW!
So glad we got to kick his ass 5 straight times on his way out, after year and years of losing to him and seeing his smug face all the damn time
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I didn't even think about this someone in the seabag thread just suggested Carroll the next 49ers DC haha. That kills me. It's actually a great idea.

LMFAO, I mean it wouldn't be the first time.
Damn. Can't believe the Seahawks let go Carroll. He's a really good coach. I feel like it's going to be much easier to beat them now. Lol
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
So glad we got to kick his ass 5 straight times on his way out, after year and years of losing to him and seeing his smug face all the damn time

Yeah I'm glad we got to beat him in the playoffs, 5 consecutive times, and for the first time ever beat them in their house in back to back years - all before he's out.

i do think his teams always played hard and were tough, so I feel like the division just got a tad easier but we will have to see who they hire.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

That was definitely fantastic.

Last lost to him in Seattle on that failed 4th down at the end. And we lost to him when Lance had to go in the game that year too...

2020 lost twice because of injuries everywhere.

2019 should've swept but couldn't....almost got swept ourselves if it weren't for Killer Dre.

2018 we finally got that win against Seattle after losing 10 in a row dating back to 2013 (but got blown out earlier that season).

2017 two annoying losses, but the second one we saw Jimmy come in and show how different things would begin to look...

In typical Pete fashion he wins his last Seahawk game on a missed field goal (just like they beat the Rams on a missed field goal some years back, haha).

Originally posted by tankle104:
Yeah I'm glad we got to beat him in the playoffs, 5 consecutive times, and for the first time ever beat them in their house in back to back years - all before he's out.

i do think his teams always played hard and were tough, so I feel like the division just got a tad easier but we will have to see who they hire.

I think whomever they hire, EVEN IF THE SEAHAWKS WERE BETTER, will be a less annoying team to play against.

There's something about the culture Carroll instilled that's insufferable, and maybe it's the rivalry with Harbaugh I can't get over.....but I do not loathe the Cards or Rams anywhere to the same degree.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jan 10, 2024 at 12:28 PM ]
Damn. Can't believe the Seahawks let go Carroll. He's a really good coach. I feel like it's going to be much easier to beat them now. Lol

Yes, as in easy the way it's been easy for us to beat other s**tty teams......

But somehow they put up fights like they're a top 3 team in the conference when playing us.....at least for a little bit.

The 5 consecutive wins is a testament to Purdy's greatness because no way we could've done with Jimmy even with CMC....
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jan 10, 2024 at 12:27 PM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

I think whomever they hire, EVEN IF THE SEAHAWKS WERE BETTER, will be a less annoying team to play against.

There's something about the culture Carroll instilled that's insufferable, and maybe it's the rivalry with Harbaugh I can't get over.....but I do not loathe the Cards or Rams anywhere to the same degree.

The Seahawks are always well coached and play hard... every. single. year.
I can't count the number of times they overachieved in a supposed "rebuilding year".
Maybe they go after Dan Quinn? Virtually everything else is a downgrade.
[ Edited by All22 on Jan 10, 2024 at 12:31 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Watch Seattle go after Steve Wilks.
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

The Seahawks are always well coached and play hard... every. single. year.
I can't count the number of times they overachieved in a supposed "rebuilding year".
Maybe they go after Dan Quinn? Virtually everything else is a downgrade.

That's my thinking. Pete was a great coach. You have to tip your hat where due... the odds are the next guy isn't as good.
Share 49ersWebzone