There are 247 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by gold49digger:
And I've seen people here that legitimately want Kyle fired.

We have some of the dumbest fans. They don't realize how good we have it here.

Fortunately, their opinion doesn't matter; Jed loves Kyle; Kyle is about to win his first SB.
And now Belichick is gone.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
And now Belichick is gone.

Apparently they have met 3 days in a row and could not agree to terms for him staying
Unbelievable! What an off season (for those not in the playoffs!). Saban, Carroll, Belichick, and they are only the big names!
I'd take Belichick as our DC if Wilks gets hired
I think Belichick would want full control. That should eliminate some NFL teams. Don't know enough about front office dynamics of each team to know which ones can accommodate Belichick.

I think Carroll is the hotter HC. I thought he did a good job with Seattle the last 2 years for what he had, not sure why they let him go.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 11, 2024 at 6:03 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think Belichick would want full control. That should eliminate some NFL teams. Don't know enough about front office dynamics of each team to know which ones can accommodate Belichick.

I think Carroll is the hotter HC. I thought he did a good job with Seattle the last 2 years for what he had, not sure why they let him go.

Age discrimination lol
I figured it was coming but still Hags and Patriots sure will feel different next season.

Boy I hated NE and him so much in the day because all they did was win. It was annoying .

Grumpy had a run. I do hope he does just retire.
Is every fired coach a defensive mind? Wink wink.
https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/report-mike-tomlin-could-step-away-pittsburgh-steelers

if this happens also lol

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/report-mike-tomlin-could-step-away-pittsburgh-steelers

if this happens also lol

I felt this should happen before Pete. Steelers locked in where they are year after year after year. 9 wins. 10 wins. Whatever. Another team that needs a refresh big time. They are the definition of Groundhog Day year after year.
I've never seen a day when 3 of the greatest and biggest names in football coaching all got fired or resigned at around the same time. I.m not sure I would hire Belichick because of his age and seemingly gruff demeanor. Carroll is the same age but he seems to have more energy. Not a great offensive guy but maybe still not a bad choice for the right team.

Saban is a different story. He's done. I think he stepped away because he doesn't like where college football is heading. Uncontrolled payments to college players. Freedom to jump from team to team depending on who will pay the most. Recruiting has become a joke. Players commit and change their minds immediately. Conference reshuffling is destroying the one thing college football had over the NFL. Tradition. Now it's just becoming a joke like college basketball.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I've never seen a day when 3 of the greatest and biggest names in football coaching all got fired or resigned at around the same time. I.m not sure I would hire Belichick because of his age and seemingly gruff demeanor. Carroll is the same age but he seems to have more energy. Not a great offensive guy but maybe still not a bad choice for the right team.

Saban is a different story. He's done. I think he stepped away because he doesn't like where college football is heading. Uncontrolled payments to college players. Freedom to jump from team to team depending on who will pay the most. Recruiting has become a joke. Players commit and change their minds immediately. Conference reshuffling is destroying the one thing college football had over the NFL. Tradition. Now it's just becoming a joke like college basketball.

Totally agree with everything, it's a mess.

man I hope we done lose him
Ran Carthon to Interview Bobby Slowik in Tennessee. Looks like Amy Adams Strunk wants the Brick by Brick experience

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/titans-request-interview-with-bobby-slowik
[ Edited by BP13 on Jan 11, 2024 at 8:46 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone