There are 252 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I've never seen a day when 3 of the greatest and biggest names in football coaching all got fired or resigned at around the same time. I.m not sure I would hire Belichick because of his age and seemingly gruff demeanor. Carroll is the same age but he seems to have more energy. Not a great offensive guy but maybe still not a bad choice for the right team.

Saban is a different story. He's done. I think he stepped away because he doesn't like where college football is heading. Uncontrolled payments to college players. Freedom to jump from team to team depending on who will pay the most. Recruiting has become a joke. Players commit and change their minds immediately. Conference reshuffling is destroying the one thing college football had over the NFL. Tradition. Now it's just becoming a joke like college basketball.

Totally agree with everything, it's a mess.

I do too. Also, how the f**k are guys playing QB for 7-8 years now? They tryna get a pension? Ridiculous. It's like some of these 2023 recruits can enter the 2030 nfl draft. Lol
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I've never seen a day when 3 of the greatest and biggest names in football coaching all got fired or resigned at around the same time. I.m not sure I would hire Belichick because of his age and seemingly gruff demeanor. Carroll is the same age but he seems to have more energy. Not a great offensive guy but maybe still not a bad choice for the right team.

Saban is a different story. He's done. I think he stepped away because he doesn't like where college football is heading. Uncontrolled payments to college players. Freedom to jump from team to team depending on who will pay the most. Recruiting has become a joke. Players commit and change their minds immediately. Conference reshuffling is destroying the one thing college football had over the NFL. Tradition. Now it's just becoming a joke like college basketball.

Totally agree with everything, it's a mess.

I do too. Also, how the f**k are guys playing QB for 7-8 years now? They tryna get a pension? Ridiculous. It's like some of these 2023 recruits can enter the 2030 nfl draft. Lol

The NCAA has lost all control. They fear lawsuits so they allow the players to run the show. Kind of like the teachers being afraid of parents so they let students get away with all kinds of stuff. There are all kinds of loopholes that allow players extra years of eligibility.
I know that I, for one, am thrown out of my immersion when i see a grey haired college QB in his 12th year of eligibility.

man I hope we done lose him

Does he even want it, or is he like Kocurek where he's just happy coaching his position?
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Does he even want it, or is he like Kocurek where he's just happy coaching his position?

I always seen Griese very similar to Lynch, in that they both had an itch they needed to scratch and try their hands on. For Lnych it's going on 5+ years. I don't get the sense that Griese would like to go all in on coaching and moving up to OC. Though former QB seems to be good at being OC.

He may be consdered a hot candidate, but I highly doubt Griese will be interested in a OC gig. Brian Griese considered quitting last offseason due to the obligations and responsibilities of being a QB coach that took him away from his family in Denver. Why would he take on a bigger role if he considered walking away from a smaller role?
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 11, 2024 at 9:52 AM ]
We are losing legends left and right
Saban and BB are bros and out basically same day
Originally posted by Heroism:

He may be consdered a hot candidate, but I highly doubt Griese will be interested in a OC gig. Brian Griese considered quitting last offseason due to the obligations and responsibilities of being a QB coach that took him away from his family in Denver. Why would he take on a bigger role if he considered walking away from a smaller role?

I remember reading that as well. Kyle had to really talk him into it. I mean with time things change, but I have a feeling he wont make big jumps fast.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I'd take Belichick as our DC if Wilks gets hired

It is very unlikely, but ever since Jimmy G, I got the feeling that Bill would get involved with the 49ers at some point lol
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

I hope he's enjoying the stability and atmosphere of coaching on kyles staff. It's rare a staff isn't constantly under pressure or they're fired. Hopefully he digs his time here and is happy with Brock.

Originally posted by rockzz:

It is very unlikely, but ever since Jimmy G, I got the feeling that Bill would get involved with the 49ers at some point lol

Imagine if peters leaves and bill decides to work in our front office…..
I hope he's enjoying the stability and atmosphere of coaching on kyles staff. It's rare a staff isn't constantly under pressure or they're fired. Hopefully he digs his time here and is happy with Brock.

Wouldn't keeping him be easy, as QB coach, they can move up to OC. Then he's not going anywhere, unless hired by another team as HC.

hopefully he can find us the next Tom Brady
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

hopefully he can find us the next Tom Brady

I can't see Belichick taking a coordinators job after the career he's had but you never know. They would probably need to add the title of assistant HC as well.
Whoever takes the Alabama job is going to be under immediate pressure. How do you match what Saban has done. Washington's HC is a hot candidate and would be a good choice. He won at WA with far less talent than Alabama gets.
Share 49ersWebzone