There are 205 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:

He would not be smart to take that job. The head coach will probably be fired next year unless he a great year and then he's unemployed again.
Originally posted by steiber:
Originally posted by Jcool:

He would not be smart to take that job. The head coach will probably be fired next year unless he a great year and then he's unemployed again.

My hope is that they realize working for the bears org would be a major step down and they're not trending in the right direction.

Washington commies is a cesspool and I don't think that owner is going to change that soon. Working for a new, bushy tailed owner, who doesn't know the nfl process, wouldn't be smart for peters.
Originally posted by tankle104:
My hope is that they realize working for the bears org would be a major step down and they're not trending in the right direction.

Washington commies is a cesspool and I don't think that owner is going to change that soon. Working for a new, bushy tailed owner, who doesn't know the nfl process, wouldn't be smart for peters.

What makes it a cesspool? Dan Snyder is gone, the new owner owns teams in other sports and has a reputation for hiring solid people and then getting out of their way. They have the #2 pick in the draft and a crapload of cap space with few bad contracts. You also get to pick your own HC.

For an aspiring GM wanting the challenge of turning around a struggling franchise, it's a pretty good opportunity.
Tired of these damn poachers. Might as well make the 49ers Boombox Guy as the next GM / HC for their stinky team!
[ Edited by picklejuice on Jan 11, 2024 at 9:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
What makes it a cesspool? Dan Snyder is gone, the new owner owns teams in other sports and has a reputation for hiring solid people and then getting out of their way. They have the #2 pick in the draft and a crapload of cap space with few bad contracts. You also get to pick your own HC.

For an aspiring GM wanting the challenge of turning around a struggling franchise, it's a pretty good opportunity.

Agree with this.
Originally posted by pdc20:
I don't know why people can't understand this.
Pete Carroll is the reason the Seahawks have been one of the better teams of the NFC for a decade.
The job he did to empower Geno Smith was outstanding.
Let's see who's the new HC.

I know a current championship level HC that would be great for them!

Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon !!!
Philly fans want BB if Eagles under perform in playoffs

probably the best fit for BB

Also that minority owner from LA has some swag
Has anyone else heard/read anything about "The #Eagles firing head coach Nick Siriani is "in play" per ESPN.?
It's probably a rumour I saw on X/Twitter, but figured I'd ask.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by picklejuice:
Tired of these damn poachers. Might as well make the 49ers Boombox Guy as the next GM / HC for their stinky team!

Agree, but it's going to happening if your team keeps winning and being in the playoffs year in and year out. I say roll with the punches and get an even better guy in place. I.e. lose Adam, bring in a better guy. How do you do that? Well, they should have been looking for Adams replacement when they hired Adams in the first place. I think that's how far they have to go to deal with this constant poaching issue year after every year.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agree, but it's going to happening if your team keeps winning and being in the playoffs year in and year out. I say roll with the punches and get an even better guy in place. I.e. lose Adam, bring in a better guy. How do you do that? Well, they should have been looking for Adams replacement when they hired Adams in the first place. I think that's how far they have to go to deal with this constant poaching issue year after every year.

If we win a SB it will sting a lot less. For a coaching staff that hasn't actually won a SB it's unreal how many coaches keep getting hired away from it.
[ Edited by captveg on Jan 12, 2024 at 12:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:

Id also argue anyone with head coaching, coordinator, or personnel would want to come here. You are guaranteed to move up. So whoever the next Adam Peters is, if they aren't in the building already, they are trying to get inside.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by rockzz:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I'd take Belichick as our DC if Wilks gets hired

It is very unlikely, but ever since Jimmy G, I got the feeling that Bill would get involved with the 49ers at some point lol

Imagine if peters leaves and bill decides to work in our front office…..

He'll probably go work with Pete Carol trade up to #1 and get a franchise qb knowing our luck
Share 49ersWebzone