There are 286 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Bill you the real MVP.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/11/bill-belichick-aj-brown-deebo-samuel-visit-nkeal-harry-patriots-eagles-49ers

Bill Belichick Once Thought A.J. Brown and Deebo Samuel Were Having Too Much Fun on Patriots Visit

Before that draft, Patriots scouts were high on (South Carolina's) Deebo Samuel and (Ole Miss's) A.J. Brown. The two came to Foxborough together on a visit and had been traveling together all week," Breer wrote. "As such, they had a good, jovial ability to poke at each other and laugh together, and Belichick was leery that they weren't taking the visit seriously enough."

That led Belichick to fixate on wide receiver N'Keal Harry of Arizona State against his scouts' recommendations, and the Patriots eventually took him 32nd overall.

The rest is history. Harry lasted just three years with New England, while Samuel and Brown now have a combined four Pro Bowls under their belts with the San Francisco 49ers, Tennessee Titans and Philadelphia Eagles.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Bill you the real MVP.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/11/bill-belichick-aj-brown-deebo-samuel-visit-nkeal-harry-patriots-eagles-49ers

Bill Belichick Once Thought A.J. Brown and Deebo Samuel Were Having Too Much Fun on Patriots Visit

Before that draft, Patriots scouts were high on (South Carolina's) Deebo Samuel and (Ole Miss's) A.J. Brown. The two came to Foxborough together on a visit and had been traveling together all week," Breer wrote. "As such, they had a good, jovial ability to poke at each other and laugh together, and Belichick was leery that they weren't taking the visit seriously enough."

That led Belichick to fixate on wide receiver N'Keal Harry of Arizona State against his scouts' recommendations, and the Patriots eventually took him 32nd overall.

The rest is history. Harry lasted just three years with New England, while Samuel and Brown now have a combined four Pro Bowls under their belts with the San Francisco 49ers, Tennessee Titans and Philadelphia Eagles.

If I'm any team BB has to agree to work with a GM or he can coach elsewhere.
What makes it a cesspool? Dan Snyder is gone, the new owner owns teams in other sports and has a reputation for hiring solid people and then getting out of their way. They have the #2 pick in the draft and a crapload of cap space with few bad contracts. You also get to pick your own HC.

For an aspiring GM wanting the challenge of turning around a struggling franchise, it's a pretty good opportunity.

Don't disagree but having seen your friend Mayhew getting the bullet from the job you are interviewing for, that must make an impact.

The turnover of coaches and assistant gm's in the NFL is phenomenal. Too much of a roundabout.
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Has anyone else heard/read anything about "The #Eagles firing head coach Nick Siriani is "in play" per ESPN.?
It's probably a rumour I saw on X/Twitter, but figured I'd ask.

I live in DC and there are a ton of folks from Philly that live here. Most of them want him fired. They realize that Siriani doesn't do s**t. He can't coach up the offense or the defense.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Bill you the real MVP.

If I'm any team BB has to agree to work with a GM or he can coach elsewhere.

I bet Deebo loafing on his routes would earn him some bench time if the Pats took him.

BB really seems up his own ass at times, but he probably has good reason(s) to think his philosophy works.
[ Edited by TyCore on Jan 12, 2024 at 6:36 AM ]
Has anyone else heard/read anything about "The #Eagles firing head coach Nick Siriani is "in play" per ESPN.?

I live in DC and there are a ton of folks from Philly that live here. Most of them want him fired. They realize that Siriani doesn't do s**t. He can't coach up the offense or the defense.

Lmao the downfall of Philly is so sweet. f**k their fans so so much.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Lmao the downfall of Philly is so sweet. f**k their fans so so much.
Amen. f**k them and f**k their a*****e coach.

Lolol this is too good. Poor Fredo haha. Leave the coach, take the cannoli.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I don't see this as a good hire, more like a Tomsula hiring. IMO

Thanx for the reply/update; so there's probably some truth to what I read.
The way coaches are catching Pink Slip during this cycle, his hot seat is probably too warm for his comfort level.

If Baker is on, and the Buc's defence plays well, I see a one-and-done for Philly. So I won't be surprised if Sirinani
finds himself amongst the unemployed come Tuesday morning.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Agreed. I think they needed a new culture in New England but instead they are making the same mistake all the other teams made by hiring a Belichick disciples.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Agreed. I think they needed a new culture in New England but instead they are making the same mistake all the other teams made by hiring a Belichick disciples.

I second this. All he knows is how BB did things. He never went to another team for a different perspective playing or coaching. The kraft's get a coach they can control and manipulate without any push back from him. I don't see how this ends up well.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by steiber:

I second this. All he knows is how BB did things. He never went to another team for a different perspective playing or coaching. The kraft's get a coach they can control and manipulate without any push back from him. I don't see how this ends up well.

Third. Bills disciples - nuff said.

Other than Seifert, has hiring an anointed in-house replacement HC ever worked out particularly well?

I was surprised for a few reasons:
• I thought the hiring too soon, almost rushed
• surprised they didn't go outside the building,
• thought they would at least talk to Vrabel

Who's to say they didn't do two of the three things I mentioned ?!
Kraft may have had this in the works for a while, and maybe Mayo
is the Belichick outlier - "Time will tell"
Share 49ersWebzone