There are 257 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Agreed. I think they needed a new culture in New England but instead they are making the same mistake all the other teams made by hiring a Belichick disciples.

Other than Seifert, has hiring an anointed in-house replacement HC ever worked out particularly well?

Does Don McCafferty work? He won a Super Bowl. But Baltimore was also in the toilet 2 years later and he was fired. So I guess no lol.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Jan 12, 2024 at 7:58 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I don't see this as a good hire, more like a Tomsula hiring. IMO

Agreed. I think they needed a new culture in New England but instead they are making the same mistake all the other teams made by hiring a Belichick disciples.

Exactly, new culture. I felt they should've went offensive HC after all the problems they had this past season on offense. Shoot even Josh McDaniel would've made more sense, but I was thinking along the lines of Ben Johnson, Bobby Slowik or Brian Callahan.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I don't see this as a good hire, more like a Tomsula hiring. IMO

I always remember Jerod Mayo as the guy we got for the Joe Staley trade. Traded a 4th in 2007 and a future 1st, that ended up being top 10 overall. New England got Mayo, we got Staley:).

Other than Seifert, has hiring an anointed in-house replacement HC ever worked out particularly well?

If winning a SB is working out well , Martz
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Martz won a Super Bowl??

Try again :).

Martz won a Super Bowl??

Martz won a Super Bowl??

Whoops , as an OC .

carry on
Patriots shooting for the next Demeco Ryans lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Yah his name is Mike Vrabel. That's who they should've hired.

He was OC though, not HC when they won the SB.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Yah his name is Mike Vrabel. That's who they should've hired.

BB , Vrabel as DC and McDaniels as OC to Philly .

nightmare
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I would say he is correct, even if Martz didn't win as HC a SB, he was .624 and a SB appearance
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I would say he is correct, even if Martz didn't win as HC a SB, he was .624 and a SB appearance

SB appearance and 14-2 that year ain't that bad
Share 49ersWebzone