There are 700 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
So teams hired Siriani, Payton and McDaniels....freaking McDaniels instead of him after the interview.

Yeah if I was a Pats fan I'd be really worried about this.

The Broncos hired Vance Joseph instead of Kyle. Teams do dumb stuff all the time.

I will never understand this decision by Elway.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I don't understand a lot about Elway
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
So teams hired Siriani, Payton and McDaniels....freaking McDaniels instead of him after the interview.

Yeah if I was a Pats fan I'd be really worried about this.

The Broncos hired Vance Joseph instead of Kyle. Teams do dumb stuff all the time.

Broncos CEO and President Joe Ellis had beef with Mike Shanahan, so overturned the decision to hire Kyle.

It wasn't Elway, it was Joe Ellis. After Vance was fired, Elway supposedly reached an agreement for Mike Shanahan to come back and Ellis supposedly shot that down too. The owner was sick and Ellis was power tripping.
Just hope Harbaugh doesn't go to Seattle.
If Kalen DeBoer has success in Alabama like he has at his other stops, I hope the 49ers consider him after Kyle leaves. He's 49 and one of the best coaches in college football.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

To battle football with Kyle Shanahan 2 times a year, don't think he's that dumb. Don't think Seattle is desperate enough to give him total control either. He's gonna want that knowing what happened between him and Baalke. And then there's a woman owner that inherented the team-- that sounds familiar Pete Carroll coming out saying the decision to let him go was made by 'non football people'--- don't see it working with Harbaugh.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 13, 2024 at 8:34 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

To battle football with Kyle Shanahan 2 times a year, don't think he's that dumb. Don't think Seattle is desperate enough to give him total control either. He's gonna want that knowing what happened between him and Baalke. And then there's a woman owner that inherented the team-- that sounds familiar Pete Carroll coming out saying the decision to let him go was made by 'non football people'--- don't see it working with Harbaugh.

I hope you're right but don't think Harbaugh is afraid of competing against anyone. He thrives on competition. His family has a tradition of competitiveness. Seattle has some good players . Especially on defense. They're in good cap shape. The pieces are there for the right coach to turn things around. He also may relish thechance to stick it to the 49ers after they took Balke's side in that battle.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Agreed. I think they needed a new culture in New England but instead they are making the same mistake all the other teams made by hiring a Belichick disciples.

Other than Seifert, has hiring an anointed in-house replacement HC ever worked out particularly well?

If winning a SB is working out well , Martz

Try again :).

I would say he is correct, even if Martz didn't win as HC a SB, he was .624 and a SB appearance

If taking a Super Bowl off the table is the criteria, yeah, Martz is about as good as it gets. I'm really stumped to think of anyone else.

It wasn't Elway, it was Joe Ellis. After Vance was fired, Elway supposedly reached an agreement for Mike Shanahan to come back and Ellis supposedly shot that down too. The owner was sick and Ellis was power tripping.

The Broncos are the gift that keeps on giving. I always hated how things ended for him in Washington and wanted him to redeem himself. Had they hired Mike, he wouldn't have been available to help Kyle, and there are some assistants that ended up here that may have gone to Denver.
If Kalen DeBoer has success in Alabama like he has at his other stops, I hope the 49ers consider him after Kyle leaves. He's 49 and one of the best coaches in college football.

That would make him older than Kyle. I don't think Kyle's going anywhere, anytime soon. Only chance I see is if he won a couple of Super Bowls and burns out a la Dick Vermeil or Bill Walsh.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

That would make him older than Kyle. I don't think Kyle's going anywhere, anytime soon. Only chance I see is if he won a couple of Super Bowls and burns out a la Dick Vermeil or Bill Walsh.

5 years from now is a long time in the NFL. Kyle could burn out or just retire if he wins a couple SBs. DeBoer would be 54 which isn't that old. He may not even be interested but he'd make a good coach. There are others that could step up as well.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Shanahan+McVay.

He's going to the Chargers. I've mentioned this before, in podcasts over time, Jim has always stated he feels Herbert is the best QB in the league and generational. He's followed him since the early college days. This is his dream. It will not pass him by. I'd love the Chargers to eventually beat the s**t out of Mahomes and make him look like the whiner he is when things don't go his way.

Not only that, Rams and Chargers have a hard time with that stadium and home fans. Jim there could really turn the tide and bring them in. I'm sure the cheap owner would appreciate this.

The same was also mentioned by Greenberg recently.

[ Edited by 9erson3 on Jan 13, 2024 at 11:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone