There are 657 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erson3:
He's going to the Chargers. I've mentioned this before, in podcasts over time, Jim has always stated he feels Herbert is the best QB in the league and generational. He's followed him since the early college days. This is his dream. It will not pass him by. I'd love the Chargers to eventually beat the s**t out of Mahomes and make him look like the whiner he is when things don't go his way.

Not only that, Rams and Chargers have a hard time with that stadium and home fans. Jim there could really turn the tide and bring them in. I'm sure the cheap owner would appreciate this.

The same was also mentioned by Greenberg recently.

Yep chargers makes the most sense for Harbaugh if he wants to come back to NFL
If I were a team, looking for a coach and GM, I'd actually put some feelers out to Pete Carroll. Outside of hitching his train to Geno, it seemed like that team did a very nice reset post Russell Wilson. It's also clear Pete was right to not let Russ cook lol. He can work in personnel, infuse the right culture, coach for a few years, and have a successor on the staff to hand things off to. For a train wreck of a team, Carroll would be perfect in my opinion. The Carolina Panthers should be calling him because they are arguably the biggest mess there is out there.
With Saban retired, Harbaugh ought to put some serious consideration into staying with Michigan. But if he is set on the NFL, Chargers would seem to be a good option. I hope he doesn't jump to the Raiders for his sake or Seattle for ours. Chargers have everything except a supportive and financially committed owner.
I'm surprised Vrabel isn't getting consideration, or more of it at least. I think he's a very good coach. Did a lot with less imo. Yes he had Henry but Tannehill is meh and they traded away AJ Brown which was out of his control I heard. If he doesn't get picked up and Wilks lands a HC gig, would love to see him as our next DC. Granted, I'm not sure he runs our style of D. But I bet he could adapt.
[ Edited by Wolf_Packer_53 on Jan 14, 2024 at 10:50 AM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
If I were a team, looking for a coach and GM, I'd actually put some feelers out to Pete Carroll. Outside of hitching his train to Geno, it seemed like that team did a very nice reset post Russell Wilson. It's also clear Pete was right to not let Russ cook lol. He can work in personnel, infuse the right culture, coach for a few years, and have a successor on the staff to hand things off to. For a train wreck of a team, Carroll would be perfect in my opinion. The Carolina Panthers should be calling him because they are arguably the biggest mess there is out there.

I don't know. I think culture is what got Pete fired. He was losing the locker room and had no answers when his message was no longer getting through. Sherman talked about him being an almost one dimensional rah-rah type coach that often repeated the same stories, and that team clearly had issues as far back as the fallout to their SB loss to the Patriots, so this isn't new. It's plagued them for 10+ years now.

You may be right in the sense a change of scenery could help that. Maybe his schtick would work again on a room full of guys that hadn't heard it before and he'd be gone before the act grew stale.

Either way, I think the key is finding a GM & HC that are genuinely on the same page. Pete had that with Schneider and it was huge for them.
Gronk said Falcons are going hard after the hoodie.
BB to Dallas ?
Harbaugh to Dallas
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Harbaugh to Dallas

Been sayin

How any team could hire Dan Quinn after this performance is crazy. The Cowboys' defense doesn't even look like they gameplanned.
Originally posted by Heroism:
How any team could hire Dan Quinn after this performance is crazy. The Cowboys' defense doesn't even look like they gameplanned.

Against the Shanahan/McVay/Lafleur type of offense that is starting to take over the league, too.

Please hire Quinn, Seahawks!
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Against the Shanahan/McVay/Lafleur type of offense that is starting to take over the league, too.

Please hire Quinn, Seahawks!

Yes!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
This franchise definitely knows what that's about
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Harbaugh to Dallas
No way Jerruh lets that happen. He always has to be smartest in the room.
Share 49ersWebzone