49ers list Charvarius Ward among 7 inactives vs. Seahawks →

There are 302 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by evil:
bill's reaction to every question

I think he's leaving too. Is there enough retread to fill all these openings?

%3D
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Jan 15, 2024 at 9:03 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Anyone else concerned that the Cowboys might fire McCarthy and hire Belichick? That move would instantly make them relevant.
depends if BB can bring in Matt Patricia as his OC

Belichick has been successful in one place. NE. He had Brady and the weakest division in football for about 20 years. He's not good in the draft especially when it comes to drafting offensive weapons. He'll be saddled wth a QB scheduled to make nearly $60 million next season. I don't see how that mkes the Cowboys instantly relevant. especially if Jerry doesn't keep his nose out of things.

this is the biggest unspoken open secret in the NFL.

Brady/Bill were automatics for the playoffs almost every year because of a weak division.
Originally posted by 9erson3:

%3D

lol looked like someone added the cry baby filter but not sure.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by evil:
bill's reaction to every question

I'm pretty sure the only one asking the questions is Bill in that Head Coach interview.
If Belichick wants to go back to being HC, he should give up the GM side and lean on someone in the FO to get him the players he needs. Walsh gave that up and it still works well for him back in his days.

If Belichick willing to do that, he can be with any team he wants. Both Dallas and Philly need a good dose of strict structure like Belichick.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 16, 2024 at 8:57 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If Belichick wants to go back to being HC, he should give up the GM side and lean on someone in the FO to get him the players he needs. Walsh gave that up and it still works well for him back in his days.

If Belichick willing to do that, he can be with any team he wants. Both Dallas and Philly need a good dose of strict structure like Belichick.

Hmm. I have reservations about Belichick working with JJ in Dallas, particularly when Jjnnes is acting as the GM.
Originally posted by 9erson3:

%3D

Good track record, but PIT players are always acting stupid. Whether it's D Johnson quitting on a play, or Pickens explaining why he can't be bothered to block, or Claypool celebrating while the clock is running out. Then he just walks off
Originally posted by English:

Hmm. I have reservations about Belichick working with JJ in Dallas, particularly when Jjnnes is acting as the GM.

Jerry had Parcells, and both Bill and Jerry was OK with it for years. Jerry stepped back a bit with Bill. It could work with Belichick too if both are willing.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 16, 2024 at 9:16 AM ]

Originally posted by English:

Jerry had Parcells, and both Bill and Jerry was OK with it for years. Jerry stepped back a bit with Bill. It could work with Belichick too if both are willing.

All depends on if Jerry Jones is fine with not being the face of the Cowboys long enough for Bill Belichick to win him another Super Bowl title.

With so little time left I would think Jerry would do whatever is necessary to win one, including taking a temporay step back from the spotlight.
Originally posted by Jcool:

On his way to Denver....
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:

On his way to Denver....

You are probably correct, getting the band back together, minus D Brees, what could go wrong?

Walsh never gave anything up when it came to what players he wanted. He was ALWAYS the guy who made the final call on all player personnel.
Share 49ersWebzone