There are 191 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
After all that fuss, DC went and hired bald Ron Rivera.

Peters should've went Offensive HC.

Agree, it's an offensive pass happy NFL right now and offensive coordinators rule the playoffs. Maybe Adam isn't as smart as we thought he was.
good info

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
After all that fuss, DC went and hired bald Ron Rivera.

Peters should've went Offensive HC.

Agree, it's an offensive pass happy NFL right now and offensive coordinators rule the playoffs. Maybe Adam isn't as smart as we thought he was.

That has to be disappointing for that fan base. It seemed like they had a lot of momentum with the new ownership, and then the Peters hire. I think once Ben Johnson returned to Detroit and MacDonald chose Seattle they were kind of stuck. Here's the kicker though I saw a rumor a while back that Dan's O.C. choice this time around was likely to be Chip Kelly 😂😂😂. Good luck with that.
Originally posted by Jcool:
good info

DCs, even the most effectively innovative ones, are always reacting to the latest things the offense does. OCs, in today's NFL, are pace-setters. Hence, it is not surprising that SB participants are offensive-minded. That is why I expect Brian Griese or Klint Kubiak to be targeted by Washington as OC.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Washington is 100% the new Browns/Lions

So playoffs? I don't even know what this means anymore

Right? Browns and Lions are good right now. So the WFT will be good enough to make the playoffs again? Good for them.

Yeah, it's been 32 years since they won their last, but Washington has actually won 3 Super Bowls, so that in itself separates them from both the Browns and Lions.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Right? Browns and Lions are good right now. So the WFT will be good enough to make the playoffs again? Good for them.

Yeah, it's been 32 years since they won their last, but Washington has actually won 3 Super Bowls, so that in itself separates them from both the Browns and Lions.

As in the organization that sucks for years. Pretty easy to comprehend I thought
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

As in the organization that sucks for years. Pretty easy to comprehend I thought

Of course, when you look at it myopically that's a totally fair point, but your statement when seen through a broader view can easily have different meanings.
Originally posted by dj43:
good info

DCs, even the most effectively innovative ones, are always reacting to the latest things the offense does. OCs, in today's NFL, are pace-setters. Hence, it is not surprising that SB participants are offensive-minded. That is why I expect Brian Griese or Klint Kubiak to be targeted by Washington as OC.

Yeah, but, here's another thought: If I'm Griese or Kubiak, I'm not thrilled about playing the role of OC on any team coached by Dan Quinn. This means you are essentially tied to the guy that flopped in Atlanta after Kyle left for the 49ers. Quinn's teams were never the same after Kyle departed. So, how much of Atlanta's success was based on what Kyle did as opposed to Quinn?

Given that Griese also bugged Kyle non-stop about drafting Purdy, and then followed up by coaching him, I'm not ready to watch that guy walk out the front door. Yet.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
It's interesting, the average age of NFC West coaches is 39.75.

Kyle 44
Gannon 41
McVay 38
MacDonald 36

A poster on .NET mentioned how the Hawks went from having the oldest coach in the NFL, to the youngest.
Then after seeing your post, I decided to do a deeper dive. I didn't take into account near birthdays that would
change the demographic prior to the start of the 2024 season, and opted for the ages of the NFL, its two (2)
Conference, and Eight (8) divisions as they currently stand.

It didn't take any research to figure out that the oldest division is the NFL, is the AFCW, which has 3 of the oldest
HCs in the league in Hargaugh, Payton, and Reid

The AFC as a Conference edged the NFC by a mere two (2) years, with an aggregate age of 726 years.
The NFC as a Conference followed at 728 years, with an average of 182

The youngest division in the NFL, as well as the AFC, is the AFCN. Coming in 2nd in the NFL, and 1st in the NFC,
is the NFCW:

(3) - AFCE = 171 / 42.75
(1) - AFCN = 153 / 38.25
(4) - AFCS = 172 / 43
(8) - AFCW = 230 / 57.5

726 Total Years
Average 181.5 Years

(6) - NFCE = 187/ 46.75
(5) - NFCN = 182 / 45.5
(7) - NFCS = 200 / 50
(2) - NFCW = 159 / 39.75

728 Total Years
Average 182 Years
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Feb 1, 2024 at 4:07 PM ]
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:

Kyle 44
Gannon 41
McVay 38
MacDonald 36

A poster on .NET mentioned how the Hawks went from having the oldest coach in the NFL, to the youngest.
Then after seeing your post, I decided to do a deeper dive. I didn't take into account near birthdays that would
change the demographic prior to the start of the 2024 season, and opted for the ages of the NFL, its two (2)

It didn't take any research to figure out that the oldest division is the NFL, is the AFCW, which has 3 of the oldest

The AFC as a Conference edged the NFC by a mere two (2) years, with an aggregate age of 726 years.

The youngest division in the NFL, as well as the AFC, is the AFCN. Coming in 2nd in the NFL, and 1st in the NFC,
is the NFCW:

(3) - AFCE = 171 YOA / 42.75
(1) - AFCN = 153 YOA / 38.25
(4) - AFCS = 172 YOA / 43
(8) - AFCW = 230 YOA / 57.5

726 Total Years
Average 181.5 Years

(6) - NFCE = 187/ 46.75
(5) - NFCN = 182 / 45.5
(7) - NFCS = 200 / 50
(2) - NFCW = 159 / 39.75

728 Total Years
Average 182 years

Who had "Average 182 years" on their webzone bingo card?

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:

Kyle 44
Gannon 41
McVay 38
MacDonald 36

is the NFCW:

(3) - AFCE = 171 YOA / 42.75
(1) - AFCN = 153 YOA / 38.25
(4) - AFCS = 172 YOA / 43
(8) - AFCW = 230 YOA / 57.5

726 Total Years
Average 181.5 Years

(6) - NFCE = 187/ 46.75
(5) - NFCN = 182 / 45.5
(7) - NFCS = 200 / 50
(2) - NFCW = 159 / 39.75

728 Total Years
Average 182 years

Who had "Average 182 years" on their webzone bingo card?

Huh, I guess the league has gone far younger (on the coaching side) overall than I imagined.

Adam Peters would be off to a disastrous start with Quinn and Chip "we only run inside zone and throw mesh concepts" Kelly
Sounds like Adam may be back sooner than expected
Share 49ersWebzone