The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Jcool:
wow

very interesting...
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
After all that fuss, DC went and hired bald Ron Rivera.

Peters should've went Offensive HC.

Yeah, but who? This was a tough cycle. I've said for years, the NFL chews up head coaches faster than they can develop. I said I would've gone with Pete Carroll for building culture. If I'm Adam Peters, I'd trust my ability to find talented players and Pete has proven he can get the best out of them. He is perfect for a losing team that is short on talent, bad morale, etc.

I hate the guy, but franchises would be stupid to let this be the end of the line for him.
With the Raiders hiring Kingsbury, I'm curious as to what they do at quarterback. Another interesting team to look at is the Steelers. They should be far better on offense, but I'm curious to see what Arthur Smith can do with a QB better than Ryan Tannehill.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
After all that fuss, DC went and hired bald Ron Rivera.

Peters should've went Offensive HC.

Yeah, but who? This was a tough cycle. I've said for years, the NFL chews up head coaches faster than they can develop. I said I would've gone with Pete Carroll for building culture. If I'm Adam Peters, I'd trust my ability to find talented players and Pete has proven he can get the best out of them. He is perfect for a losing team that is short on talent, bad morale, etc.

I hate the guy, but franchises would be stupid to let this be the end of the line for him.

Brian Callahan would've been my top choice with Ben Johnson in the playoffs. Bobby Slowik, sure he's a little green but so was Sean McVay at one point.

And now Washington is bringing in Chip Kelly for a look!! Unbelievable!!! Now if I'm Drake Maye I'd be worried!!!
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Jcool:
wow

very interesting...

I hope they go after Kelly, because that means they leave the Brian's here ( Griese and Fleury ).
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
With the Raiders hiring Kingsbury, I'm curious as to what they do at quarterback. Another interesting team to look at is the Steelers. They should be far better on offense, but I'm curious to see what Arthur Smith can do with a QB better than Ryan Tannehill.
I wouldn't bet on him having a better QB than Tannehill currently on the roster in Pittsburgh.
Peters is a young GM, a bit inexperience. He needs an experienced vet HC. Dan Quinn makes sense to me. Been to the SB also. Peters would need to lean on that. At least having a coach that knows what he want at each position, Peters then just go get it.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Peters is a young GM, a bit inexperience. He needs an experienced vet HC. Dan Quinn makes sense to me. Been to the SB also. Peters would need to lean on that. At least having a coach that knows what he want at each position, Peters then just go get it.

This isn't an arguing point … yet I'm curious, don't you think he has more than enough of a foundation from the time he spent in San Francisco, and Denver ??
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

This isn't an arguing point … yet I'm curious, don't you think he has more than enough of a foundation from the time he spent in San Francisco, and Denver ??

Still his first time. With Quinn already been a HC that had worked with a GM, it would be that much better for Peters to handle.
Seemingly, Klint Kubiak will be leaving the 49ers to become the Saints OC after the SB.
I have no idea who he'll target, but who do you guys think he talks into going with him?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Seemingly, Klint Kubiak will be leaving the 49ers to become the Saints OC after the SB.
I have no idea who he'll target, but who do you guys think he talks into going with him?

I think he has a wide range of candidates to select from. He could recruit from Miami, Green Bay and Rams to help him run the Shanahan offense.

I think he has a wide range of candidates to select from. He could recruit from Miami, Green Bay and Rams to help him run the Shanahan offense.

I thought KS said in the past if you get a HC job you can take someone but OC/DC can kick rocks
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

I thought KS said in the past if you get a HC job you can take someone but OC/DC can kick rocks

I was thinking along the lines of his brother Klay, and a few free agents 🤔

Kyle wont let him take anyone.
Share 49ersWebzone