There are 198 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lol Raiders.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lol Raiders.

Originally posted by Jcool:

I'm not the biggest Kliff fan. If I had a team in need of an O.C. I'd be looking for a WCO guy, but as far as the Commanders go, Kliff would be better than Chip Kelly anyway.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
With the Raiders hiring Kingsbury, I'm curious as to what they do at quarterback. Another interesting team to look at is the Steelers. They should be far better on offense, but I'm curious to see what Arthur Smith can do with a QB better than Ryan Tannehill.
I wouldn't bet on him having a better QB than Tannehill currently on the roster in Pittsburgh.

I worded that wrong. They need to get a better QB. I am curious what Smith's offense would look like if they drafted a QB better than Tannehill to play in Pittsburgh.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
With the Raiders hiring Kingsbury, I'm curious as to what they do at quarterback. Another interesting team to look at is the Steelers. They should be far better on offense, but I'm curious to see what Arthur Smith can do with a QB better than Ryan Tannehill.
I wouldn't bet on him having a better QB than Tannehill currently on the roster in Pittsburgh.

I worded that wrong. They need to get a better QB. I am curious what Smith's offense would look like if they drafted a QB better than Tannehill to play in Pittsburgh.
They absolutely need an upgrade at QB but they seem to be dug in on Pickett.
Originally posted by evil:

Ravens defensive staff getting gutted.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Gemini10:

IMO I think he's an upgrade over Fangio. With Fangio it always seemed like the defense could only pick on the weaker teams. With Weaver I feel like they're gonna have that hard-nosed-attacking defense.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
What the hell

Is Ben Johnson the next McDaniels?

Seems like a prick to me.

Sounds accurate. I just stumbled upon this article. Apparently he was turned off on Washington because he saw them as "basketball ball guys." I get Harris, Magic, and of course Bob Meyers, but Adam Peters is a competent football guy. I wonder if Johnson was a big enough of a dick to tell them that directly.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-ben-johnson-drama-lions-oc-doesnt-interview-well-calls-ownership-basketball-guys-per-reports/
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Gemini10:

IMO I think he's an upgrade over Fangio. With Fangio it always seemed like the defense could only pick on the weaker teams. With Weaver I feel like they're gonna have that hard-nosed-attacking defense.

I think Vic kind of forced the issue there.
Greg Roman to the chargers as OC. Looks like chargers are going to be the Niners of the past.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Greg Roman to the chargers as OC. Looks like chargers are going to be the Niners of the past.

Harbs has to be the play caller eventually. I think offense has passed Roman by.. NFL has evolved, and he hasnt. He isn't the creative mind he once was... but he really never was. I remember us hating that fool back in the day. Gore and Davis made him look good.
[ Edited by ziggy_gonna_rock on Feb 4, 2024 at 7:22 PM ]
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Harbs has to be calling the shots eventually. I think offense has passed Roman.. he isnt the creative mind he once was... but he really never was. I remember us hating that fool back in the day. Gore and Davis made him look good.

Even when he was here his running game had some sophistication to it, but as far as the passing offense? Not so much.
Share 49ersWebzone