There are 217 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
This guy is no longer a Niner (TGFT!).

Time to move this thread to NFL Talk.

(Can't wait to watch Bosa ragdolling Mcs**tty when we face the stupid team that signs him)
[ Edited by Koldo on Mar 9, 2023 at 12:36 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Sounds like he's gonna be signed first day of FA. He wasn't a pro-bowler but he was still a good starting RT overall. Wish him well, sounds like a good dude.

People s**t on him way too much in here and will see how much the league is in need of good OL, he's about to get 💰 💰

Agree.

Too bad he was drafted where he was. Had he been picked #28, he would be better appreciated.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
It's not about how much he makes it's about how he performs with his next team. We all know free agency is where mediocrity gets overpaid. So I'll continue to s**t on him
He was at times an elite run blocker but he has always been a poor pass protector. I'm glad we can finally move on from him and hopefully get a RT than can pass block consistently
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm sure he'll get paid, and he's a nice guy, but he's still an overrated player compared to his PFF ratings.

Kaleb McGary, who's probably viewed as an inferior player, would be seen as a Pro bowler here. IMO

Point is, Kyle's system helps offensive lineman and players in general look better than they are.

That's why only a few players that have left SF and looked better on their new team. Mckinnon.
Overrated for sure. His run blocking grades brought up his overall grade, that's for sure
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He's about to get paid because he's hitting FA at the right time, and ultimately isn't good enough to extend at market value. He's an average RT. He'll be paid like a top5 RT. Good luck to that team.
Yup. I bet he goes to the Bears

Average to below average pass protector. Bad would be Kwame Harris or Erik Pears.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Mar 9, 2023 at 2:43 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
It's not about how much he makes it's about how he performs with his next team. We all know free agency is where mediocrity gets overpaid. So I'll continue to s**t on him
He was at times an elite run blocker but he has always been a poor pass protector. I'm glad we can finally move on from him and hopefully get a RT than can pass block consistently
I'm sure he'll get paid, and he's a nice guy, but he's still an overrated player compared to his PFF ratings.

Kaleb McGary, who's probably viewed as an inferior player, would be seen as a Pro bowler here. IMO

Point is, Kyle's system helps offensive lineman and players in general look better than they are.

That's why only a few players that have left SF and looked better on their new team. Mckinnon.
Overrated for sure. His run blocking grades brought up his overall grade, that's for sure
He's about to get paid because he's hitting FA at the right time, and ultimately isn't good enough to extend at market value. He's an average RT. He'll be paid like a top5 RT. Good luck to that team.

Averge to below average pass protector. Bad would be Kwame Harris or Erik Pears.

Good lord Erik Pears was awful. Lol. For sure MM ain't that bad.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Addition by subtraction.

Show me,...don't tell me.

I hope MM is the first free agent signed by another team.
good riddance

Let's hope McKivitz is as good as MM.
Originally posted by dj43:

From the glimpses I've seen, I think he's worse
Hopefully with more reps he can get better
seems most likely he will be leaving in FA, do we get a comp pick?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by dj43:

From the glimpses I've seen, I think he's worse
Hopefully with more reps he can get better

McKivitz cost over $9 million less than MM.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

the San Francisco 49CompPicks
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

lol

Averge to below average pass protector. Bad would be Kwame Harris or Erik Pears.

I think people have really forgotten what bad really looks like. Maybe we need a watch party of games from the 2015 and 2016 seasons.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

LOL

I think people have really forgotten what bad really looks like. Maybe we need a watch party of games from the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

MM would give those guys a run for their money.
Share 49ersWebzone