There are 185 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think people have really forgotten what bad really looks like. Maybe we need a watch party of games from the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

Does it look something like this?

[ Edited by Koldo on Mar 9, 2023 at 2:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Koldo:
I think people have really forgotten what bad really looks like. Maybe we need a watch party of games from the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

Nah, thats about as bad as it gets for a NFL OT.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

technically in this shot hes still blocking.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

No he's not, he's thinking about his landing options.

Parsons hasn't passed Mcglinchey yet in this picture so he's still blocking.

He actually passed him before it even started, he was passed him before the ball was snapped.

Well, Parsons knew in his mind that he had a minor speed bump in front of him.

He actually passed him before it even started, he was passed him before the ball was snapped.

Well, Parsons knew in his mind that he had a minor speed bump in front of him.

Yes, but in this picture Mcglinchey is still infront of him, blocking his path. So technically he's still blocking.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by dj43:
Let's hope McKivitz is as good as MM.

From the glimpses I've seen, I think he's worse
Hopefully with more reps he can get better

It was only glimpses, mostly during garbage time. He wasn't all that bad. Still, he will have to do some heavy work against Bosa in camp to get up to speed.

That's about to be a top five paid OT.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
It's not about how much he makes it's about how he performs with his next team. We all know free agency is where mediocrity gets overpaid. So I'll continue to s**t on him
He was at times an elite run blocker but he has always been a poor pass protector. I'm glad we can finally move on from him and hopefully get a RT than can pass block consistently
I'm sure he'll get paid, and he's a nice guy, but he's still an overrated player compared to his PFF ratings.

Kaleb McGary, who's probably viewed as an inferior player, would be seen as a Pro bowler here. IMO

Point is, Kyle's system helps offensive lineman and players in general look better than they are.

That's why only a few players that have left SF and looked better on their new team. Mckinnon.
Overrated for sure. His run blocking grades brought up his overall grade, that's for sure
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He's about to get paid because he's hitting FA at the right time, and ultimately isn't good enough to extend at market value. He's an average RT. He'll be paid like a top5 RT. Good luck to that team.
Yup. I bet he goes to the Bears

Averge to below average pass protector. Bad would be Kwame Harris or Erik Pears.

Good lord Erik Pears was awful. Lol. For sure MM ain't that bad.

MM would give those guys a run for their money.

And somehow he is going to be one of the top OL available and likely is signed day 1. Teams will be calling his agent tomorrow. How did Erik Pears do in 2017 free agency?

Dude is gonna get Justin Fields killed
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Mar 12, 2023 at 7:35 PM ]
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

That's about to be a top five paid OT.

That is one screenshot out of 60+ in that game, the rest of which were good plays.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
It's not about how much he makes it's about how he performs with his next team. We all know free agency is where mediocrity gets overpaid. So I'll continue to s**t on him
He was at times an elite run blocker but he has always been a poor pass protector. I'm glad we can finally move on from him and hopefully get a RT than can pass block consistently
I'm sure he'll get paid, and he's a nice guy, but he's still an overrated player compared to his PFF ratings.

Kaleb McGary, who's probably viewed as an inferior player, would be seen as a Pro bowler here. IMO

Point is, Kyle's system helps offensive lineman and players in general look better than they are.

That's why only a few players that have left SF and looked better on their new team. Mckinnon.
Overrated for sure. His run blocking grades brought up his overall grade, that's for sure
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He's about to get paid because he's hitting FA at the right time, and ultimately isn't good enough to extend at market value. He's an average RT. He'll be paid like a top5 RT. Good luck to that team.
Yup. I bet he goes to the Bears

Averge to below average pass protector. Bad would be Kwame Harris or Erik Pears.

Good lord Erik Pears was awful. Lol. For sure MM ain't that bad.

This is not really directed at you or anyone in particular, but I'm tired of bringing up the Tomsula and Chip Kelly years when it comes to criticizing coaches and players.

Yes they were obviously bad. Its been like 8 years now. We should be expecting better instead of being content with average
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
This is not really directed at you or anyone in particular, but I'm tired of bringing up the Tomsula and Chip Kelly years when it comes to criticizing coaches and players.

Yes they were obviously bad. Its been like 8 years now. We should be expecting better instead of being content with average

Making three NFC CGs in four years is not average. It is well above average.
McGlinchey wasn't the best at pass blocking but he was well above average in run blocking. Kyle's offense usually passes and runs in about equal numbers. It's kind of silly to think they will find a tackle in the draft that will be better right away. MM has several years of experience so it's unlikely that they can find a college tackle with a 3rd round pick that will be better right out of the chute. He's one of the top tackles in free agency so finding a better one in FA isn't likely.
Share 49ersWebzone