There are 132 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
Crazy that he and JG will officially be gone soon.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

thank god is my thought
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
His next team is going to love holding in the red zone.
Originally posted by Crown:
His next team is going to love holding in the red zone.

49er fans will be watching McGlinchey games and have a s**t eating grin when it's a 3rd and long.
what do we do to replace MMG? Draft?
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
what do we do to replace MMG? Draft?

McKivitz seems to be the leading horse
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
It's not about how much he makes it's about how he performs with his next team. We all know free agency is where mediocrity gets overpaid. So I'll continue to s**t on him
He was at times an elite run blocker but he has always been a poor pass protector. I'm glad we can finally move on from him and hopefully get a RT than can pass block consistently
I'm sure he'll get paid, and he's a nice guy, but he's still an overrated player compared to his PFF ratings.

Kaleb McGary, who's probably viewed as an inferior player, would be seen as a Pro bowler here. IMO

Point is, Kyle's system helps offensive lineman and players in general look better than they are.

That's why only a few players that have left SF and looked better on their new team. Mckinnon.
Overrated for sure. His run blocking grades brought up his overall grade, that's for sure
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He's about to get paid because he's hitting FA at the right time, and ultimately isn't good enough to extend at market value. He's an average RT. He'll be paid like a top5 RT. Good luck to that team.
Yup. I bet he goes to the Bears

Averge to below average pass protector. Bad would be Kwame Harris or Erik Pears.

Good lord Erik Pears was awful. Lol. For sure MM ain't that bad.

I think people have really forgotten what bad really looks like. Maybe we need a watch party of games from the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

This is not really directed at you or anyone in particular, but I'm tired of bringing up the Tomsula and Chip Kelly years when it comes to criticizing coaches and players.

Yes they were obviously bad. Its been like 8 years now. We should be expecting better instead of being content with average

Nowhere in there did I say we should be okay. I want MM gone. But I can also recognize he isn't a bad player. There's a big difference between saying, thanks for your service, but we'll pass on paying you 15 million + verses he is the worst tackle in the league or some of the other nonsense. There is a middle ground.
Originally posted by captveg:
This is not really directed at you or anyone in particular, but I'm tired of bringing up the Tomsula and Chip Kelly years when it comes to criticizing coaches and players.

Yes they were obviously bad. Its been like 8 years now. We should be expecting better instead of being content with average

Making three NFC CGs in four years is not average. It is well above average.
Amen

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by Koldo:
I think people have really forgotten what bad really looks like. Maybe we need a watch party of games from the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

Does it look something like this?

That's about to be a top five paid OT.

That is one screenshot out of 60 in that game, the rest of which were good plays.

Yup. I remember a play years back where Joe Staley got spun so bad his back was to the rusher. McGlinchey isn't getting hip tossed and ragdolled every play. He'd be out the league if he got bullied the way people exaggerate how "bad" he is.
It's not about how much he makes it's about how he performs with his next team. We all know free agency is where mediocrity gets overpaid. So I'll continue to s**t on him
He was at times an elite run blocker but he has always been a poor pass protector. I'm glad we can finally move on from him and hopefully get a RT than can pass block consistently
I'm sure he'll get paid, and he's a nice guy, but he's still an overrated player compared to his PFF ratings.

Kaleb McGary, who's probably viewed as an inferior player, would be seen as a Pro bowler here. IMO

Point is, Kyle's system helps offensive lineman and players in general look better than they are.

That's why only a few players that have left SF and looked better on their new team. Mckinnon.
Overrated for sure. His run blocking grades brought up his overall grade, that's for sure
He's about to get paid because he's hitting FA at the right time, and ultimately isn't good enough to extend at market value. He's an average RT. He'll be paid like a top5 RT. Good luck to that team.

Averge to below average pass protector. Bad would be Kwame Harris or Erik Pears.

Nowhere in there did I say we should be okay. I want MM gone. But I can also recognize he isn't a bad player. There's a big difference between saying, thanks for your service, but we'll pass on paying you 15 million + verses he is the worst tackle in the league or some of the other nonsense. There is a middle ground.

Amen

That is one screenshot out of 60 in that game, the rest of which were good plays.

Yup. I remember a play years back where Joe Staley got spun so bad his back was to the rusher. McGlinchey isn't getting hip tossed and ragdolled every play. He'd be out the league if he got bullied the way people exaggerate how "bad" he is.

Anyone who's watched the film knows that kittle left him out to dry against the second best pass rusher in the nfl. Kittle even said it. Lol this isn't all McG fault but it's not a good look. Lol

i hope mckivitz has improved enough. McG isn't a great tackle but also isn't terrible.

im more worried about who we will have at center
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
He's not a BAD OT, but he's a bad fit for this offense and Purdy as QB. For a team like the Bears that don't have a traditional pocket passing QB, he'll be a good fit.

Originally posted by tankle104:

Amen

Anyone who's watched the film knows that kittle left him out to dry against the second best pass rusher in the nfl. Kittle even said it. Lol this isn't all McG fault but it's not a good look. Lol

i hope mckivitz has improved enough. McG isn't a great tackle but also isn't terrible.

im more worried about who we will have at center

The center thing shocked and surprised me. I thought they would extend Brendel in season. I feel like we are left out to dry, but I also thought that last year. Maybe they think Poe is ready enough where they are comfortable letting Brendel test the market. Or maybe an offer was made and he turned it down. I hope we have this figured out.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

thank god is my thought

Exactly. Liabilities on offense.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

love these optical illusions when u put your finger in the middle you realize they are the same color.
Lol at people who put their finger on their phone
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Mar 13, 2023 at 10:17 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone