Originally posted by John_Candy:
Ballgame.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Ballgame.

Starting qb week 5?
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
One thing about Pettis, he is one honest guy. Thanks for that.

I think that's bogus. A WR's stance should be the same play in and play out to prevent defensive tells. That Pettis statement just doesnt make sense to me

That's one philosophy. Maybe Wes Welker and Kyle see more nuance to it than that.
http://www.knbr.com/2019/09/24/kyle-shanahan-on-knbr-dante-pettis-been-dealing-with-upper-body-injury-since-training-camp/

"He had an injury in training camp where he hurt his pec that made it tough to lift his upper body, which he's still coming back from," Shanahan said. "My biggest thing with him is his legs. I think the way he's attacked that weight room and got his leg strength back and the way he's been working on the practice field; it hasn't just been this week. It's been really these last few weeks and he's gotten better each week. Now I feel he's at where he left off last year. I think the ceiling is high for that guy, man. He can get a lot better, and we need him to."
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
http://www.knbr.com/2019/09/24/kyle-shanahan-on-knbr-dante-pettis-been-dealing-with-upper-body-injury-since-training-camp/

"He had an injury in training camp where he hurt his pec that made it tough to lift his upper body, which he's still coming back from," Shanahan said. "My biggest thing with him is his legs. I think the way he's attacked that weight room and got his leg strength back and the way he's been working on the practice field; it hasn't just been this week. It's been really these last few weeks and he's gotten better each week. Now I feel he's at where he left off last year. I think the ceiling is high for that guy, man. He can get a lot better, and we need him to."

It makes sense if it's a health issue (with regards to his underperformance) vs a mental or motivational issue. Then again, it could be the fact that he's doing so much better now that they can reveal the true cause of his low production. I.e. they didn't want the opposing team to know it was a health issue vs a non-health issue. As for me, I'm pulling for him to be Jerry Rice 2.0 I want him to be the best so that when we take on the power houses like the Rams - we got a chance at a win.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HawkBearPig:
That's one philosophy. Maybe Wes Welker and Kyle see more nuance to it than that.

Kyle's offense and exact precision on distance, spacing, timing and "how" routes are run are the staple of the WCO.

Well that's as good a reason as any, I guess, with regards to any excuses he has with regards to him not meeting Kyle's expectations. I still think if a WR is giving tells to a defense, that's a bad thing, but hey they are the professionals and that's how they make or lose a living, and I just enjoy the game.
Anyone got a gif of the TD?
Really needs to work on not allowing defenders to play through him like he's not even there.

Poor angle to make that comment (on that play) imo...Sutton play well there and you can see there wasn't too much Pettis could do

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 25, 2019 at 6:06 AM ]

Originally posted by Zealot:
Anyone got a gif of the TD?

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Really needs to work on not allowing defenders to play through him like he's not even there.

Poor angle to make that comment (on that play) imo...Sutton play well there and you can see there wasn't too much Pettis could do

Deebo almost made his DB fall with his move
I think the injury issue was legit. He seems healthier, more active than couple games before.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think the injury issue was legit. He seems healthier, more active than couple games before.

Agreed. Pettis has taken torrential hate from keyboard warriors over the past month or so. I know he's felt it, especially with his tweet the other day: "lol, a lot of people hated to see that game winning TD, huh?" (paraphrasing).
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Deebo almost made his DB fall with his move

IIRC this was the play that Pettis got the holding call right?
Share 49ersWebzone