There are 311 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
lol those dogs don't want none of that smoke.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Pettis working through the double team of Browns secondary

lmao

This is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. In my little neck of the woods, a few weeks ago I watched as my neighbor's tiny little, totally calm and good-natured Pekinese, was challenged by some roaming dog 4x its size. It was great, just like this video. The last I saw of the bigger dog it was running headlong down the street and I've never seen it around here since.

Moral of the story? Don't let a guy's good-natured, calm, friendly personality deceive you. They could be monsters in a fight.

Agreed, terrific post, and funny as all get out. Am so glad this young man came thru in the clutch and right in the midst of two other defenders who also had a shot at the ball. JimmyG put it on the dot, Pettis must have strong hands, and won out. Also saved our bacon. Had to get a lot of monkeys off his back, and at just the right time too....was really great for him.

Maybe now the ugly things we read about him will turn around now that he has shown he does have grit. Good on you, Pettis. Good man.
The kid has talent, hopefully he gets back to playing like he did the latter part of his rookie year sooner, rather than later. That game winner was clutch on the throw, and the catch. If Hurd turns out to be what I expect, we will have a nice receiving corps.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Sep 27, 2019 at 6:34 PM ]

this was the route I was talking about earlier in the thread, but couldn't find a good video of. This is also where Jimmy took a huge hit on his upper and lower body causing his helmet to come off.
His routes are filthy

That is a thing of beauty

I looooove him from the slot. My favorite eventual lineup would be Deebo at X, Pettis in the slot and Hurd at Z.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I looooove him from the slot. My favorite eventual lineup would be Deebo at X, Pettis in the slot and Hurd at Z.
I like the lineup of Pettis and Deebo from a technical perspective, but hope Goodwin isn't lost in the shuffle. He can open up a lot and between he and Kittle, should ensure single coverage for any other pass catcher.
Shanahan bout to unleash sunscreen's full route tree over the next few gameplans... he's ready for it. Best case scenario ROS: Pettis is the "Larry Fitz" to Deebo's "Boldin" Cards cerca 2004. Sick.

Originally posted by 3rd-down-decoy:
Shanahan bout to unleash sunscreen's full route tree over the next few gameplans... he's ready for it. Best case scenario ROS: Pettis is the "Larry Fitz" to Deebo's "Boldin" Cards cerca 2004. Sick.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's still the best receiver on this roster in terms of consistently being able to get open. I hope he stays healthy because a receiving group with Pettis, Deebo, Kittle, Goodwin, Taylor and James is going to be tough for any defense to stick with.

Seriously he's probably one of the best receivers in the league and getting open or separation, it's ridiculous how quick and shifty he is it's no wonder he had the punt return touchdown record of all time. All he needs is more targets.

Also, who cares if he's more finesse than Physical. Did we make all the Physical receivers like Terrell Owens or Jerry Rice, work on their speed all or all that was related to non-physicality? No we didn't ask them to change so big deal. As long as he blocks during run plays And downfield blocking he's all good with me. The rams wrs holt and Bruce were powder puffs and they worked out just fine.

Did people forget last year in the last 5 games he had what 400+ yards and 4 tds? Just throw him more passes please!!!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's still the best receiver on this roster in terms of consistently being able to get open. I hope he stays healthy because a receiving group with Pettis, Deebo, Kittle, Goodwin, Taylor and James is going to be tough for any defense to stick with.

Seriously he's probably one of the best receivers in the league and getting open or separation, it's ridiculous how quick and shifty he is it's no wonder he had the punt return touchdown record of all time. All he needs is more targets.

Also, who cares if he's more finesse than Physical. Did we make all the Physical receivers like Terrell Owens or Jerry Rice, work on their speed all or all that was related to non-physicality? No we didn't ask them to change so big deal. As long as he blocks during run plays And downfield blocking he's all good with me. The rams wrs holt and Bruce were powder puffs and they worked out just fine.

Did people forget last year in the last 5 games he had what 400+ yards and 4 tds? Just throw him more passes please!!!

Rice and Owens are the number 1 and top 5 receiver all time.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Pettis working through the double team of Browns secondary

lmao

Just bumping because it's that good.
Not much being said about Pettis.
Game winning catch against Pitts.
Need him to step up going Fwd.
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Oct 5, 2019 at 9:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone