There are 376 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Deebo and him are both just too damn inconsistent.

Pettis couldn't hold Deebo's jock. Deebo is going to be really good
Ill give pettis a pass this week cuz of the game winner last week, but if he does this again against the rams!
Originally posted by sacniner:

Both had drops tonight. Pretty sure Deebo has had at least 1 drop in every game.

Both had drops tonight. Pretty sure Deebo has had at least 1 drop in every game.

In the first qt? Wasn't that Goodwin?
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

It wasnt an issue of hands as much as focus. You could see him distracted, thinking touchdown before he even had secured the football. If he just does what he's supposed to and completes the process AND then worried about what is up ahead, that is an easy touchdown.

He clearly has good hands as he's demonstrated in the past but he needs to get his mind right and pull his head out of his butt a bit.
I thought cats had good reflexes?

Why you gotta take everything to one weird extreme or another?

They are vastly different receivers that actually complement each other well. From what I've seen thus far, Deebo is a lot better with the football after the catch but Pettis is a lot better at getting open in the first place.

Pettis is about 95% of the way to being a damn good receiver but then he has these little mental hiccups where he loses focus and I think a lot of that traces back to general immaturity and a guy who has had things come pretty easily to him as an athlete. In the NFL, it is that little bit that can mean the difference between high quality starter and depth player.

Pettis has all the tools to be really good, its up to him to decide how much he wants it.
Catch the ball, Dante!!!!

Cheers!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
I thought cats had good reflexes?

Saw him limping off the field in the second half. for what its worth.

Originally posted by WildBill:
Saw him limping off the field in the second half. for what its worth.

He wasn't limping when shook that defender out of his shoes. His problem seems to be a lack of focus.
Dude had sticky hands in college and continues to have issues with drops.

That's gotta change, he's a top end route runner. Gonna need a little more time than I thought

In the first qt? Wasn't that Goodwin?

No, it was Deebo. If it wasn't a drop, it was a fumble. If the Browns had recovered, they likely would've challenged that the pass was complete and judging by the rule as I understand it, I bet it would've been reversed. Thankfully we lucked out.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude had sticky hands in college and continues to have issues with drops.

That's gotta change, he's a top end route runner. Gonna need a little more time than I thought

He's going to force this team into making a move if he doesn't turn it around soon. His consistency is maddening at times.

If there was more certainty about the return of TT or Hurd, I think Lynch and KS would live with it until they returned, but I bet they're probably discussing options like E.Sanders to give Jimmy a reliable target.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We need a WR1 to make the Offense complete. Hopefully, we can draft someone, because there is no one in the FA market that's going to fit that description.
Share 49ersWebzone