There are 405 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude had sticky hands in college and continues to have issues with drops.

That's gotta change, he's a top end route runner. Gonna need a little more time than I thought

He's going to force this team into making a move if he doesn't turn it around soon. His consistency is maddening at times.

If there was more certainty about the return of TT or Hurd, I think Lynch and KS would live with it until they returned, but I bet they're probably discussing options like E.Sanders to give Jimmy a reliable target.

I think it's just a consistency thing...he never had bad hands until this season. He needs more targets, it's like sitting on the bench in basketball all game then being asked to jump in last min and make the winning 3.

He will get or he won't and we get someone else that will.
Originally posted by mayo49:
We need a WR1 to make the Offense complete. Hopefully, we can draft someone, because there is no one in the FA market that's going to fit that description.

The whole WR1 thing is silly. Spread the ball around and take advantage of teams weakness that week. Having a bunch of good WRs is much more important.

There are a ton of stud WRs in this upcoming draft class. Not sure where SF will be picking though.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It just seems he gets nervous when a ball comes his way. He's got to correct that or he's not going to be starting anymore.
I was happy he scored the game winner against Pitt but overall he is not performing to a level he should be. He is a big disappointment thus far. I can see why KS was riding him all training camp and limiting is snaps early on in the season. He sucks.
He is teetering on being a bust.

He needs to get his act together now otherwise he will be expendable quicker then he can blink.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
We need a WR1 to make the Offense complete. Hopefully, we can draft someone, because there is no one in the FA market that's going to fit that description.

The whole WR1 thing is silly. Spread the ball around and take advantage of teams weakness that week. Having a bunch of good WRs is much more important.

There are a ton of stud WRs in this upcoming draft class. Not sure where SF will be picking though.

Pettis should not be starting - Deebo should be our WR2, but we have a bunch of WR3 trying to fit in that WR1 slot. I'm sure they'll address it in the offseason.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 8, 2019 at 6:14 AM ]
Originally posted by TD49ers:
I was happy he scored the game winner against Pitt but overall he is not performing to a level he should be. He is a big disappointment thus far. I can see why KS was riding him all training camp and limiting is snaps early on in the season. He sucks.

He doesn't suck. He's a young WR and is extremely inconsistent.

The problem is that the clock on this team has accelerated and we went from being a rebuilding team to a contender in the blink of an eye. I'm not sure KS can afford to wait on Pettis if it hurts his offense. That's why a guy like Sanders makes sense because he's a FA and you only have to commit money to him this season and then reassess the position in the offseason. Acquiring Sanders only lowers our rollover money, but he'd be a major upgrade at WR since he's what we hope Pettis matures into one day soon.
Emmanuel Sanders or nah?
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Emmanuel Sanders or nah?

I'm fully on board with acquiring him if the price is as low as being speculated.
Get your s**t together, boy!

Completely agree, Mayo.

IMO, it's more important for Jimmy to become more consistent and improve his medium to deep ball than acquiring a WR1
I like the wr by comittee approach. It keeps legs fresh and defenses unable to sell out to stop any one player. Our wr's are mostly young and inexperienced right now. I feel like when they start to put it all together, the passing game will be just as lethal as the run game.
This chump. Fkn catch that damn ball!!! That was a huge drop. Jimmy was clearly not happy either
Originally posted by Nastastical:
I'm fully on board with acquiring him if the price is as low as being speculated.

I second that!!!
Share 49ersWebzone