Cardinals stun turnover-plagued 49ers 24-23 after second-half comeback →

There are 365 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
So disappointed in El Gato... Should have had a TD last night... Better start balling out soon.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
hope he goes right back into the dog house
He's a frustrating player because you can see the athletic ability but he lacks concentration. On that dropped pass , you could see the way he looked up at the defender just as the ball was getting there. That looked like it was a TD since he was full speed running between defenders on the way to the end zone. I don't know which of these guys is going to step up and be the go to gut but right now I have more confidence in Deebo. At least he fights for extra yards after the catch.
At least he dropped the TD this week and not against the Steelers.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
He's a frustrating player because you can see the athletic ability but he lacks concentration. On that dropped pass , you could see the way he looked up at the defender just as the ball was getting there. That looked like it was a TD since he was full speed running between defenders on the way to the end zone. I don't know which of these guys is going to step up and be the go to gut but right now I have more confidence in Deebo. At least he fights for extra yards after the catch.

me to bud
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I mean.. that drop happens to the best of them. He got too excited looking to see who he might have to juke before securing the pass. You could tell how much he wanted it back. All we can do is hope he learns from it and comes into form real soon, showing us more of what he did last year. Monday was his 16th game as a pro.

He did have that beautiful toe drag sideline catch. Would like more of that -- well, minus the bobble.
9ers don't need a #1 wr. Just throw it to the open guys whoever they are. WR take time to develop.

Develop the guys you have and keep building the foundation on the lines. Thats where we need to invest in 2020.
At least he's talking football on Twitter.

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
9ers don't need a #1 wr. Just throw it to the open guys whoever they are. WR take time to develop.

Develop the guys you have and keep building the foundation on the lines. Thats where we need to invest in 2020.

Truth. If we keep running for 200 yards a game, all our receivers do is block and they block very well. Throw in a few catches here and there.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
48 snaps for Pettis. Most among the WRs.

Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by mayo49:
We need a WR1 to make the Offense complete. Hopefully, we can draft someone, because there is no one in the FA market that's going to fit that description.

Completely agree, Mayo.

I think any one of 3 receivers that'll be coming out of Bama this year could fit that role. The plus side is, they've got so many receiving weapons down here that I don't think any of those 3 guys will go top 10 or 15 because they spread the ball around so much that no one is getting huge numbers.

Check out Jerry Jeudy....my draft crush this year.
Originally posted by wailers15:
This chump. Fkn catch that damn ball!!! That was a huge drop. Jimmy was clearly not happy either

no he wasn't! I can't recall seeing him get flat out pissed at a teammate. He was hot. And then there was Bourne who made a fantastic catch but I digress (Bourne homer)
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonnydel:
I think any one of 3 receivers that'll be coming out of Bama this year could fit that role. The plus side is, they've got so many receiving weapons down here that I don't think any of those 3 guys will go top 10 or 15 because they spread the ball around so much that no one is getting huge numbers.

Yes, it's a good year to need an elite WR. And... a good time to cash in future 1sts to ensure you get your guy.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by mayo49:
We need a WR1 to make the Offense complete. Hopefully, we can draft someone, because there is no one in the FA market that's going to fit that description.

Completely agree, Mayo.

Plus, any of those 3 WR's from Alabama are going to be coming from a WCO system and should be wayyyyy ahead of the curve for any WR's coming out into Kyle's system. Sarkisian is the OC at Bama who was the guy who took over for Shanny after Shanny left ATL and he's running the same system.
I wish this dude got some stickum gloves or something man.
Share 49ersWebzone