Cardinals stun turnover-plagued 49ers 24-23 after second-half comeback →

There are 596 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by wailers15:
This chump. Fkn catch that damn ball!!! That was a huge drop. Jimmy was clearly not happy either

no he wasn't! I can't recall seeing him get flat out pissed at a teammate. He was hot. And then there was Bourne who made a fantastic catch but I digress (Bourne homer)

No?

FYI: He yells at Pettis a lot actually. But corrective yells...constructive, from practice to games. That's what leaders do.

El Gato response:
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 8, 2019 at 3:04 PM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I think we seriously need to take a look at AJ Green. I think having him around would instantly elevate JimmyG's game and take some pressure off these young kids. Let these young receivers be support for a #1 WR like AJ Green. With Green and Kittle drawing the attention, they will be wide open and having success. The confidence will do alot for them

$15M this year. Do we even have the space right now?

No, after factoring in everything, we're left with just about $11.7M in cap room, leaving no carryover if we trade for Green, or any quick fixes.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I think we seriously need to take a look at AJ Green. I think having him around would instantly elevate JimmyG's game and take some pressure off these young kids. Let these young receivers be support for a #1 WR like AJ Green. With Green and Kittle drawing the attention, they will be wide open and having success. The confidence will do alot for them

No, after factoring in everything, we're left with just about $11.7M in cap room, leaving no carryover if we trade for Green, or any quick fixes.

damn :/
Originally posted by NCommand:
This chump. Fkn catch that damn ball!!! That was a huge drop. Jimmy was clearly not happy either

no he wasn't! I can't recall seeing him get flat out pissed at a teammate. He was hot. And then there was Bourne who made a fantastic catch but I digress (Bourne homer)

No?

FYI: He yells at Pettis a lot actually. But corrective yells...constructive, from practice to games. That's what leaders do.

El Gato response:

lol im laughing so much at this.. more than I should.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

damn :/

Yeah this is what I've been trying to tell people, we don't have the luxury to take on big salaries, we'll have $11,701,215 in cap room if all per game roster bonuses, and incentives are reached, not enough to bring in someone, and not much carryover, but I'm confident we can keep AA and Blair, plus retain Breida, extend Kittle, Spoon, DeFo, Juice, and Sherman.
dude is regressing, he needs to get in touch with his inner child

Calling it right now, he breaks out against the Rams.

I'm thinking 6 catches 89 yards 1 TD.

Meow!!!!
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:

Meow!!!!

cmon if your gonna say hes gonna break out, its gotta be aleast 100+ yards.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
We need a WR1 to make the Offense complete. Hopefully, we can draft someone, because there is no one in the FA market that's going to fit that description.

IMO, it's more important for Jimmy to become more consistent and improve his medium to deep ball than acquiring a WR1

Been proven time and time again that you don't need a true #1 to win SB's. Kyle is also a mastermind with play calling, play design and strategizing.

Let Deebo and (eventually) Hurd develop and hope Pettis can step it up and continue to develop as well.

I totally agree with this.
I don't think we need a "#1" either, and also, We've sank a lot of draft capital into receivers. Would like 1 or 2 of them to step up.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by NCommand:

No?

El Gato response:

lol im laughing so much at this.. more than I should.

I'm glad fans can find the humor in this.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:

Meow!!!!

cmon if your gonna say hes gonna break out, its gotta be aleast 100+ yards.

At this rate, I'll gladly take 89 yards. Beats the hell out of his current 8 or 9 yards.
He needs to get popped going over the middle so he gets up and realizes it wasn't that bad. Either that or a sports psychologist . But I ain't the one getting hit ,he looks scared though
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Pettis needs to step tf up. I've been really patient with him, but he needs to step it up.

He made an easy catch difficult on the sideline and then dropped an easy TD. I like the play he made against Pitts and the fire he showed. He needs to play with that constantly.

If we wanna make it deep into the playoffs somebody's gotta step up as a WR. Deebo is a rookie and Goodwin is what he is. Pettis has a chance to be the guy and he needs to take it already.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think he's just trying too hard - he needs to just relax and play ball.
Stop dropping the ball fkn pusaycat
Share 49ersWebzone