There are 507 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
People acting like Dante is the first WR to ever drop a pass because they're thinking about their route to the endzone!

Kid clearly has talent, he blocked his @ss off Monday night, and wasn't really required in the gameplan, he's going to be a really good WR he just needs some time.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
People acting like Dante is the first WR to ever drop a pass because they're thinking about their route to the endzone!

Kid clearly has talent, he blocked his @ss off Monday night, and wasn't really required in the gameplan, he's going to be a really good WR he just needs some time.

Yea you could definitely tell he caught a glimpse of the open path to the end zone and started taking it before he caught the ball. It's a concentration issue that you see happen almost every game.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Oct 9, 2019 at 1:48 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

He just needs to stop forcing it and just let it happen. He's a talent, but he needs to improve his concentration on the field.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Make the trade for AJ Green and go all the way. we have the horses on the D-Line to maul any offensive line and out oline is playing lights out despite missing staley . Cant depend on this guy when so much is at stake. Deebo and Hurd when hes healthy, plus Juice, Kittle and Green would be insane

What trade? Green is not on the trade block.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

Yea you could definitely tell he caught a glimpse of the open path to the end zone and started taking it before he caught the ball. It's a concentration issue that you see happen almost every game.

Please...we all know he heard footsteps over the middle and alligator-armed it again.

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Make the trade for AJ Green and go all the way. we have the horses on the D-Line to maul any offensive line and out oline is playing lights out despite missing staley . Cant depend on this guy when so much is at stake. Deebo and Hurd when hes healthy, plus Juice, Kittle and Green would be insane

Yup let's trade for a 31 yr old WR with constant foot issues that's due for a massive contract Nah I'll develop our guys and look towards a stocked draft class.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Kind of a b*tch move

lol
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

Please...we all know he heard footsteps over the middle and alligator-armed it again.

This must be your go to cologne
Originally posted by genus49:
This must be your go to cologne

LOL!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yup let's trade for a 31 yr old WR with constant foot issues that's due for a massive contract Nah I'll develop our guys and look towards a stocked draft class.

I'm usually against big trades but id have to see what we would give up for him. Seems like something similar to Antonio brown, maybe less. Like a 4th and 6th?

AJ Green is a great talent when healthy. It's not
The craziest thing someone has said on this board

Originally posted by tankle104:

I'm usually against big trades but id have to see what we would give up for him. Seems like something similar to Antonio brown, maybe less. Like a 4th and 6th?

We don't have the money for him now. Can't afford him.
Originally posted by tankle104:

He's not healthy though, he's not young, and you gotta pay him stupid money.

I think he's a great talent and I think he would mesh well in the locker room...Cinci isn't moving AJ for a 4th and 6th IMO that's a pipe dream.

Our WRs aren't awful, SF hasn't had to rely on them a ton this yr so far. They've mainly been monster blockers downfield for the running game. At some pt they will have to start passing the ball though, cream will rise to the top.

IMO I'd much rather pay our own guys and look towards a monster WR draft class. Hopefully that's the game plan.
I'm totally out on Pettis. That last drop did it for me. I really cannot wait for Hurd to return.
He's not healthy though, he's not young, and you gotta pay him stupid money.

I think he's a great talent and I think he would mesh well in the locker room...Cinci isn't moving AJ for a 4th and 6th IMO that's a pipe dream.

Our WRs aren't awful, SF hasn't had to rely on them a ton this yr so far. They've mainly been monster blockers downfield for the running game. At some pt they will have to start passing the ball though, cream will rise to the top.

IMO I'd much rather pay our own guys and look towards a monster WR draft class. Hopefully that's the game plan.

Well like you said, he's 31 and had injuries plus the contract thing. No one is going to pay a lot for him. So it's not a "pipe dream".

My only concern is the contract thing but who cares. The patriots take 1 year rentals all the time cause they think it can help put them over the top. I'd say our receivers have underperformed by a lot, especially Pettis. Deebo can't hold onto the ball. Etc etc. could be great for
The locker room.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I'm totally out on Pettis. That last drop did it for me. I really cannot wait for Hurd to return.

Have to confess I am running out of patience with him. Thanks to Skule, next year's 1st round pick no longer has to be OT. Pettis is running out of time.
Share 49ersWebzone