There are 233 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
I'm totally out on Pettis. That last drop did it for me. I really cannot wait for Hurd to return.

Have to confess I am running out of patience with him. Thanks to Skule, next year's 1st round pick no longer has to be OT. Pettis is running out of time.
^^^This

If Skule continues to play well he'll be Staley's hair apparent at LT. But I think we will start to see Pettis' playing time reduced. At some point Shanny & Co. will have to admit a draft mistake there and move on. The "concentration" excuse has worn thin with me. I understand why Shanny keeps saying it but it's gotten old, and I just have to think they know it too. For the team's sake I hope he pulls it together during the season and puts up respectable numbers for Shanny. But I'm totally out. I have seen enough.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Oct 9, 2019 at 8:32 AM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9moon:
TIME TO TRADE SUN SCREEN !!!

Dante isn't being traded, please stop this nonsense, week 3 he catches game winning TD, now he has a mental mistake and you want him gone.

Originally posted by Scottie15:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
We need a WR1 to make the Offense complete. Hopefully, we can draft someone, because there is no one in the FA market that's going to fit that description.

IMO, it's more important for Jimmy to become more consistent and improve his medium to deep ball than acquiring a WR1

Been proven time and time again that you don't need a true #1 to win SB's. Kyle is also a mastermind with play calling, play design and strategizing.

Let Deebo and (eventually) Hurd develop and hope Pettis can step it up and continue to develop as well.

Pettis hasn't developed. Deebo doesn't see too many snaps and can't catch. You still need a WR #1 to bail you out in tough situations where cant get your running game going.

Get AJ Green.

Green isn't happening, the 49ers don't have the cap room to make a trade for him, they have to worry about potential incentives being reached, they only have $18.5M, then they need up to $3.5M for roster bonus repayments, then potential of $4M for Sherman's incentives, leaves no wiggle room, or carryover when we only have $5.7M in cap room in 2020, Quick Fix trades aren't happening, and shouldn't. Plus Green is injured anyway, the guy hasn't played this season.

WACHA TALKIN ABOUT WILLIS?? !!!

I've been trying to trade SUN SCREEN before his stock goes down (like now) so that we can land a REAL #1..

Speaking of a real #1 (WR), this is what separate the Rams from us thus far and our secondary better be ready.

GO NINERSSSS !!!!
At this point, as a 49ers fan, you have to ask yourself this question:

Who would you trust more to play WR moving forward?

Trent Taylor
Jalen Hurd
Dante Pettis

If it were me, I would take Taylor and Hurd in a heartbeat over Pettis after his latest drop. Pettis is talented but way too inconsistent. Tell me I'm wrong.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Oct 9, 2019 at 9:38 AM ]
I'm with you guys, I like Pettis but he's been a huge disappointment so far.
Pettis is a bit of an enigma so far. You can see the talent is there and he's made some plays...hoping he puts it all together more and starts becoming more consistent.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Trent Taylor
Jalen Hurd
Dante Pettis

If it were me, I would take Taylor and Hurd in a heartbeat over Pettis at this point. Pettis is talented but way too inconsistent. Tell me I'm wrong.

We are missing the sample size to throw a young player away.

I always go back to Steve Young meshing with Jerry Rice.... if Jerry Rice is dropping balls adjusting to someone else throwing the ball... it's normal and the team has to work past it.
Passes don't get much easier than that one. In a nut cutter game, that drop gives us a loss. Now, this was a blowout and for whatever reason, Pettis, looked to see where he was going to run BEFORE he caught the ball and wrapped it up. Jeez...that's what he gets paid for. He had a nice TD game before, but kyle , JimmyG, got to be thinking when the play is called and when the ball is thrown...which Pettis is it out there? The guy with good hands or stone hands?

On this team? That isn't adequate. If we were winning maybe 1 out of every 4 games, maybe, But still kyle would want to scrag him and get someone who could hold onto the ball.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Passes don't get much easier than that one. In a nut cutter game, that drop gives us a loss. Now, this was a blowout and for whatever reason, Pettis, looked to see where he was going to run BEFORE he caught the ball and wrapped it up. Jeez...that's what he gets paid for. He had a nice TD game before, but kyle , JimmyG, got to be thinking when the play is called and when the ball is thrown...which Pettis is it out there? The guy with good hands or stone hands?

On this team? That isn't adequate. If we were winning maybe 1 out of every 4 games, maybe, But still kyle would want to scrag him and get someone who could hold onto the ball.

I seem to remember someone doing the exact same thing in a deciding Superbowl drive, you might have heard of him, some bloke called Jerry Rice.
Wes Welker needs to be a drill sergeant and yell at this guy. Get on da f**king JUGS machine. Do something.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I'm totally out on Pettis. That last drop did it for me. I really cannot wait for Hurd to return.

Have to confess I am running out of patience with him. Thanks to Skule, next year's 1st round pick no longer has to be OT. Pettis is running out of time.

Well I don't know English. I still think next years #1 needs to be tackle. IMHO. We're covering quite a bit for Skule with scheme. We're not leaving him out on an island out there. At some point, to open the playbook, you're going to have to stop covering players.

As far as Pettis is concerned, I think he's in danger of losing reps if he isn't already.

This. T, WR, IOL in the draft.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Well I don't know English. I still think next years #1 needs to be tackle. IMHO. We're covering quite a bit for Skule with scheme. We're not leaving him out on an island out there. At some point, to open the playbook, you're going to have to stop covering players.

As far as Pettis is concerned, I think he's in danger of losing reps if he isn't already.

This. T, WR, IOL in the draft.

Overreaction city in here.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Trent Taylor
Jalen Hurd
Dante Pettis

If it were me, I would take Taylor and Hurd in a heartbeat over Pettis at this point. Pettis is talented but way too inconsistent. Tell me I'm wrong.

We are missing the sample size to throw a young player away.

I always go back to Steve Young meshing with Jerry Rice.... if Jerry Rice is dropping balls adjusting to someone else throwing the ball... it's normal and the team has to work past it.

Good point, but I am looking at the logjam of POTENTIALLY talented receivers the Niners have with Goodwin, Pettis, Taylor, Hurd and Deebo all in line for playing time. The Niners only need 3-4 good WR's since they have Kittle and Juice out there as well. It's a question at this point of who is a tradeable chip (i.e. Thomas) with value. Sorry to say, but at this point Pettis is the odd man out.
It's a long 6-7 more weeks before Taylor or Hurd can be brought back. Let's see where were Pettis is at at least before then before throwing him in the trash, eh?
What's the latest on Hurd's return?
Share 49ersWebzone