There are 227 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Pettis needs to pick his game up but I guess people are forgetting the huge TD catch he had vs the Steelers?

It was a clear run before you secure the catch situation and the kid was trying to do too much. He's still talented. Maybe don't trust him as a #1 WR but damn 49er fans are quick to bury talented players who need to sort their stuff out.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
What's the latest on Hurd's return?

Not eligible until game 11, IIRC.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Good point, but I am looking at the logjam of POTENTIALLY talented receivers the Niners have with Goodwin, Pettis, Taylor, Hurd and Deebo all in line for playing time. The Niners only need 3-4 good WR's since they have Kittle and Juice out there as well. It's a question at this point of who is a tradeable chip (i.e. Thomas) with value. Sorry to say, but at this point Pettis is the odd man out.

Kyle still waiting for someone to step up.

Pettis seems to need reps but it is a catch-22: Until he starts catching the ball Jimmy isn't going to throw to him much.
Originally posted by dj43:
Good point, but I am looking at the logjam of POTENTIALLY talented receivers the Niners have with Goodwin, Pettis, Taylor, Hurd and Deebo all in line for playing time. The Niners only need 3-4 good WR's since they have Kittle and Juice out there as well. It's a question at this point of who is a tradeable chip (i.e. Thomas) with value. Sorry to say, but at this point Pettis is the odd man out.

Pettis seems to need reps but it is a catch-22: Until he starts catching the ball Jimmy isn't going to throw to him much.

More like a drop-22 amirite?
Originally posted by ltrain:

Originally posted by genus49:
Pettis needs to pick his game up but I guess people are forgetting the huge TD catch he had vs the Steelers?

It was a clear run before you secure the catch situation and the kid was trying to do too much. He's still talented. Maybe don't trust him as a #1 WR but damn 49er fans are quick to bury talented players who need to sort their stuff out.
I think some believe the NFL is a video game.
He needs to have a long talk with Rice. I remember how a lot of people were on him his rookie season for dropping passes. He sure as hell got over that.
Originally posted by ltrain:

• Chief
  • Veteran
Did y'all see the OBJ and Pettis jersey exchange?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Well I don't know English. I still think next years #1 needs to be tackle. IMHO. We're covering quite a bit for Skule with scheme. We're not leaving him out on an island out there. At some point, to open the playbook, you're going to have to stop covering players.

As far as Pettis is concerned, I think he's in danger of losing reps if he isn't already.

LOL. Yes. Investing in the OL in talent and depth might be a sound strategy. Ha

Will she ever be a true #1 Wide receiver? So inconsistent
Originally posted by NCommand:
Well I don't know English. I still think next years #1 needs to be tackle. IMHO. We're covering quite a bit for Skule with scheme. We're not leaving him out on an island out there. At some point, to open the playbook, you're going to have to stop covering players.

As far as Pettis is concerned, I think he's in danger of losing reps if he isn't already.

Agreed NC and NinerGM, we need to get OL depth early and often in 2020 draft.

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

We don't need a true #1 WR with the way Kyle scheme's up plays, and our running game is the way it is.

And why call Dante She? Why do so many have an issue with him? He made a mental mistake, it happens, people need to get over it.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

We don't need a true #1 WR with the way Kyle scheme's up plays, and our running game is the way it is.

And why call Dante She? Why do so many have an issue with him? He made a mental mistake, it happens, people need to get over it.

All on board with taking a tackle. If we have a top notch run blocking AND pass blocking Oline, Kyle can scheme up ANYTHING with Kittle, Jimmy G, and Juice.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

This she stuff and other related jokes is irritating. Critique and celebrate his play and leave it at that.
Originally posted by Chief:
Did y'all see the OBJ and Pettis jersey exchange?

WTF was that?! Pettis asking for his back?! Dude gives me many headscratch moments that's for damn sure
Share 49ersWebzone