There are 270 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Chief:
Did y'all see the OBJ and Pettis jersey exchange?

WTF was that?! Pettis asking for his back?! Dude gives me many headscratch moments that's for damn sure

I guess to sign it, that's why he asked for it back and then gave it back to OBJ.
Not sure what tackles are going to be available but I hear it is supposed to be a better year for O line in general. I watched the Oregon game last night and they have a huge 6'6'' 325 lb earth mover that has really quick feet and seems to pass block well. I think he's Samoan and I love the toughness that Samoans show. He's a Jr. but I have a friend here that goes to all the practices and he told me he's leaving this year. His name is Penie Sewell. I was told this morning that there were over 25 teams with scouts at the practices and at the game last night to see Herbert but also this tackle. Another guy to watch next draft.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
All on board with taking a tackle. If we have a top notch run blocking AND pass blocking Oline, Kyle can scheme up ANYTHING with Kittle, Jimmy G, and Juice.

This!

Superior OL and DL = lots of easy wins.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Well I don't know English. I still think next years #1 needs to be tackle. IMHO. We're covering quite a bit for Skule with scheme. We're not leaving him out on an island out there. At some point, to open the playbook, you're going to have to stop covering players.

As far as Pettis is concerned, I think he's in danger of losing reps if he isn't already.

LOL. Yes. Investing in the OL in talent and depth might be a sound strategy. Ha

Agreed NC and NinerGM, we need to get OL depth early and often in 2020 draft.

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Will she ever be a true #1 Wide receiver? So inconsistent

We don't need a true #1 WR with the way Kyle scheme's up plays, and our running game is the way it is.

And why call Dante She? Why do so many have an issue with him? He made a mental mistake, it happens, people need to get over it.

Amen to all of your post!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Well I don't know English. I still think next years #1 needs to be tackle. IMHO. We're covering quite a bit for Skule with scheme. We're not leaving him out on an island out there. At some point, to open the playbook, you're going to have to stop covering players.

As far as Pettis is concerned, I think he's in danger of losing reps if he isn't already.

We don't need a true #1 WR with the way Kyle scheme's up plays, and our running game is the way it is.

And why call Dante She? Why do so many have an issue with him? He made a mental mistake, it happens, people need to get over it.

Yeah, get off of Pettis' nuts - he'll get better.

WTF was that?! Pettis asking for his back?! Dude gives me many headscratch moments that's for damn sure

I guess to sign it, that's why he asked for it back and then gave it back to OBJ.

Oh okay, didn't see or read that part, that makes sense
  • titan
  • Veteran

Oh okay, didn't see or read that part, that makes sense

The way Pettis is playing if he gives his jersey up he won't have one for the next game! 😂

No way. Not sure she can even be a DECENT RELIABLE #2
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

All on board with taking a tackle. If we have a top notch run blocking AND pass blocking Oline, Kyle can scheme up ANYTHING with Kittle, Jimmy G, and Juice.

I agree also, the year we took Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati in the 1st is when everything started clicking, I definitely think it's either an O-lineman or S with 2020 1st
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Not sure what tackles are going to be available but I hear it is supposed to be a better year for O line in general. I watched the Oregon game last night and they have a huge 6'6'' 325 lb earth mover that has really quick feet and seems to pass block well. I think he's Samoan and I love the toughness that Samoans show. He's a Jr. but I have a friend here that goes to all the practices and he told me he's leaving this year. His name is Penie Sewell. I was told this morning that there were over 25 teams with scouts at the practices and at the game last night to see Herbert but also this tackle. Another guy to watch next draft.

Sewell.

He's huge. Also got called for holding that game. The first of his college career.

AND it was total b.s.

Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

What a waste of a 2nd round pick
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
He needs to have a long talk with Rice. I remember how a lot of people were on him his rookie season for dropping passes. He sure as hell got over that.

Your right, However I really don't think this is the problem. I think it is all attitude. In his interviews he comes off as he knows better. He says things like, He has been doing this along time and he know what he is doing. The QB say's he run routs different then I have ever seen them. I think the problem is they don't want him to run routs different from the other WR. They need them all at the same place at the same time. Watching games it looks like he is doing better. He still not a big fan of contact.

Way way too early to call it a wasted pick, he made one mental mistake, and the entire WZ is going full nuts on him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Way way too early to call it a wasted pick, he made one mental mistake, and the entire WZ is going full nuts on him.

The kid is still young - he'll learn from his adversity and be a solid contributor for us.
And why do you guys call him She, that's just some childish BS.
Share 49ersWebzone