There are 260 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
And why do you guys call him She, that's just some childish BS.

Yeah, I've also stopped saying he needs to get the sand out of his vagina - it is childish.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Pettis is the best wr on the team and can easily be a top 10 in the league if he wants it enough
Originally posted by JMC52:
Pettis is the best wr on the team and can easily be a top 10 in the league if he wants it enough

Deebo Samuel says Hi!!!
El Gato better break out this game. We really need him. I wanna see at least two paw cleanings this game!
me waiting for Kitty Kat to step up and be a solid WR1B

Originally posted by dlance:
Your right, However I really don't think this is the problem. I think it is all attitude. In his interviews he comes off as he knows better. He says things like, He has been doing this along time and he know what he is doing. The QB say's he run routs different then I have ever seen them. I think the problem is they don't want him to run routs different from the other WR. They need them all at the same place at the same time. Watching games it looks like he is doing better. He still not a big fan of contact.

If he's running routes differently how the hell is the QB supposed to know where he is in the face of a big pass rush. That has to become an automatic response in the NFL for a QB to succeed. It's one of the things this QB and young group of receivers need to work on.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by dlance:
Your right, However I really don't think this is the problem. I think it is all attitude. In his interviews he comes off as he knows better. He says things like, He has been doing this along time and he know what he is doing. The QB say's he run routs different then I have ever seen them. I think the problem is they don't want him to run routs different from the other WR. They need them all at the same place at the same time. Watching games it looks like he is doing better. He still not a big fan of contact.

If he's running routes differently how the hell is the QB supposed to know where he is in the face of a big pass rush. That has to become an automatic response in the NFL for a QB to succeed. It's one of the things this QB and young group of receivers need to work on.

I agree. That was my point I think you said it better then I did. Last year he was late getting into or out of his route some times making the QB miss. If the QB had the time to waited he would get open.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by JMC52:

Deebo Samuel says Hi!!!

The guy with all of those drops?
I like Pettis, but if I took a serious look at the guy, I'm wondering if he's spending enough time working on his build.

He has a slight build and not a lot of muscle definition. I struggle to think of other wide receivers who fit this mold.
Just catch the damn ball. You won't die if you get hit.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Just catch the damn ball. You won't die if you get hit.

I gotta think this all goes in to shanny not scheming him into plays more.

Probably waiting for Pettis to show he's taking the next step.

I mean, he doesn't have to gear up, but to be a little more... substantial... would definitely help.
This guy is a huge disappointment so far. Really is holding this WR Corp back imo.
Originally posted by Ark49er:
This guy is a huge disappointment so far. Really is holding this WR Corp back imo.

Oh give me a break, no WR has broken out, Deebo keeps dropping passes too.

To be fair, this is a complicated offensive scheme. We really shouldn't expect a rookie receiver to do well. With that expectation in mind, Deebo is doing fine.

Regarding Pettis, I really expected Pettis to take a step forward rather than a step back this season.
Originally posted by littleken:

To be fair, this is a complicated offensive scheme. We really shouldn't expect a rookie receiver to do well. With that expectation in mind, Deebo is doing fine.

Regarding Pettis, I really expected Pettis to take a step forward rather than a step back this season.

Scheme ain't got nothing to do with dropped passes. Please Pettis step the f**k up today!!! Deebo, anybody, just step up
Share 49ersWebzone