There are 241 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
This guy can out juke anyone I'm serious I don't know many receivers that have that ability in the NFL. No wonder he was the best all time in punt returns. I said get him back there for punts as well. Might as well break him against bad teams just in case he fumbles.

Excellent throw but a great move on Peter's and Peter's is pretty damn shifty

I was at the game recording a video and I yelled Pettis before Jimmy threw it. The two jump balls that he went for, he went sky high. This guy has so much ability it's disgusting. Even if he is never a great number one he will be a great receiver regardless
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 16, 2019 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by genus49:
I'm sorry but I love this dude...

From grant Cohn

Dante Pettis. Last week, I wrote he's a flat-out bust. This week in the locker room, he asked me why he's a bust. I told him that merely was my opinion, take it for what it's worth. He called me a bleeping joke

To be fair Dante said that's not exactly how it went down but I'm going to chose to believe that Dante still called him a joke lol.

There is a whole exchange on tweeter between them.

lol if you're gonna tell the story, tell the whole story bro.

the part where i asked you what a bust is and how long someone has until they are deemed a bust. i never asked why you said i am one. you told me you would think about it, and then came back the next day and still didnt have an answer.

I hope grant keeps it up, maybe it'll light a fire for us without us having to do it

Grant Cohn is the AJ Jenkins of reporters

yeah, but if he some how motivates pettis for us without us having to do it, then it works in our favor.
I'm so glad he called Dante out even though he's probably a little bit wrong but it did piss him off and I know that had to motivate him so good work Grant

Now he needs to get to work on Goodwin because that f**ker drops too many balls
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 16, 2019 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
#Cooked

Kid is slowly improving week to week

From grant Cohn

Dante Pettis. Last week, I wrote he's a flat-out bust. This week in the locker room, he asked me why he's a bust. I told him that merely was my opinion, take it for what it's worth. He called me a bleeping joke

To be fair Dante said that's not exactly how it went down but I'm going to chose to believe that Dante still called him a joke lol.

the part where i asked you what a bust is and how long someone has until they are deemed a bust. i never asked why you said i am one. you told me you would think about it, and then came back the next day and still didnt have an answer.

I hope grant keeps it up, maybe it'll light a fire for us without us having to do it

yeah, but if he some how motivates pettis for us without us having to do it, then it works in our favor.
Grant Con(as in conman) is a living example of an unprofessional writer/reporter. He has no professional etiquette, he is bias, he lies, he misquotes his interviewees, etc, etc. This is why he's not getting any respect and credibility from the other true professional journalists i.e. Biderman. I didn't mention "readers" because I doubt he has enough number of readers he can credit for anyway.
Originally posted by elguapo:
I'm so glad he called Dante out even though he's probably a little bit wrong but it did piss him off and I know that had to motivate him so good work Grant

f**k that. Don't give Cohn any credit for Pettis having a decent game. They should revoke his press credentials.

I agree. Dante needs motivation. Love the kid but still very disappointed that he didn't hit the weights in the offseason. That was the knock on Spoon. They are similar size. Spoon came into came noticeably bigger, Dante didn't.

But I think this topic has been beat to death. I'm sure Dante understands the shade that he's receiving. Can't play a man's game with a boy's body. Nowhere to go but up. Hope he's willing to accept the challenge.
Originally posted by pete98146:

I agree. Dante needs motivation. Love the kid but still very disappointed that he didn't hit the weights in the offseason. That was the knock on Spoon. They are similar size. Spoon came into came noticeably bigger, Dante didn't.

But I think this topic has been beat to death. I'm sure Dante understands the shade that he's receiving. Can't play a man's game with a boy's body. Nowhere to go but up. Hope he's willing to accept the challenge.

Pettis has been our #1 WR in snap counts in each of the last two games, more than Goodwin, more than Deebo. I don't know how one can figure he's in anybody's doghouse.
Originally posted by 49erF90:

From grant Cohn

Grant Con(as in conman) is a living example of an unprofessional writer/reporter. He has no professional etiquette, he is bias, he lies, he misquotes his interviewees, etc, etc. This is why he's not getting any respect and credibility from the other true professional journalists i.e. Biderman. I didn't mention "readers" because I doubt he has enough number of readers he can credit for anyway.

I could careless about his writing/reporting skills, if he's able to motivate pettis without us having to do anything then I'm all for it.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

Pettis has been our #1 WR in snap counts in each of the last two games, more than Goodwin, more than Deebo. I don't know how one can figure he's in anybody's doghouse.

He's not in anyones doghouse like you said. Pettis is their #1 WR, and the fact is, with our run game, we don't need a true #1 WR.

• 91til
  • Veteran
He's only going to get better as the season goes along. Deebo too
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

He's not in anyones doghouse like you said. Pettis is their #1 WR, and the fact is, with our run game, we don't need a true #1 WR.

I don't need a BJ from Kay Adams on GMFB, but would I like one?
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I don't need a BJ from Kay Adams on GMFB, but would I like one?

I do, make it happen! She'd be so much less annoying with her mouth full. I wish I could find that video of Warren Sapp telling her to be quiet, the men are talking football, lol.

Niners haven't believed in a #1 since T.O.
https://twitter.com/grantcohn/status/1181404276414803968

I heard from the radio Dante and Cohn had some juicy back and forth in the locker room after Pettis read this tweet.
Share 49ersWebzone