did we really need a new thread?
Guessing you missed this:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/192963-before-creating-new-thread/
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by elguapo:
I'm so glad he called Dante out even though he's probably a little bit wrong but it did piss him off and I know that had to motivate him so good work Grant

Now he needs to get to work on Goodwin because that f**ker drops too many balls

I agree. Dante needs motivation. Love the kid but still very disappointed that he didn't hit the weights in the offseason. That was the knock on Spoon. They are similar size. Spoon came into came noticeably bigger, Dante didn't.

But I think this topic has been beat to death. I'm sure Dante understands the shade that he's receiving. Can't play a man's game with a boy's body. Nowhere to go but up. Hope he's willing to accept the challenge.

Pettis has been our #1 WR in snap counts in each of the last two games, more than Goodwin, more than Deebo. I don't know how one can figure he's in anybody's doghouse.

He's not in anyones doghouse like you said. Pettis is their #1 WR, and the fact is, with our run game, we don't need a true #1 WR.

Niners haven't believed in a #1 since T.O.

How dare you besmirch the memory of Arnaz Battle!
Originally posted by 49ersam-II:
https://twitter.com/grantcohn/status/1181404276414803968

I heard from the radio Dante and Cohn had some juicy back and forth in the locker room after Pettis read this tweet.

How is Grant Cohn even employed as a beat writer? And allowed in the locker room, he's as bad as Ryan Sakamato aka Beast Writer, guy annoyed the hell out of me, AA got him good last year.
Originally posted by MrGriz:
I'm so glad he called Dante out even though he's probably a little bit wrong but it did piss him off and I know that had to motivate him so good work Grant

I agree. Dante needs motivation. Love the kid but still very disappointed that he didn't hit the weights in the offseason. That was the knock on Spoon. They are similar size. Spoon came into came noticeably bigger, Dante didn't.

But I think this topic has been beat to death. I'm sure Dante understands the shade that he's receiving. Can't play a man's game with a boy's body. Nowhere to go but up. Hope he's willing to accept the challenge.

Pettis has been our #1 WR in snap counts in each of the last two games, more than Goodwin, more than Deebo. I don't know how one can figure he's in anybody's doghouse.

He's not in anyones doghouse like you said. Pettis is their #1 WR, and the fact is, with our run game, we don't need a true #1 WR.

When I was known as ab83rules is what for Arnaz Battle, true story, I love Notre Dame football and basketball, wasn't the best WR but he was good for the time he was here.
Still out on Pettis. He's got a lot to show me before I start to believe in him. Perhaps that changes by seasons end, but I doubt it. His demonstrated lack of consistency, demonstrated lack of physicality, and reported lack of work ethic/focus on football forced Shanny and Lynch to spend not one, but two WR's relatively high in the draft, and back-to-back no less. No, Pettis' play has established itself too much for me to think that simply a few decent games would just erase. IMHO, at the same point in their career both Deebo and Hurd has shown more promise than Pettis had shown.

If I'm to be a Pettis believer he's got a lot more showing to do.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Still out on Pettis. He's got a lot to show me before I start to believe in him. Perhaps that changes by seasons end, but I doubt it. His demonstrated lack of consistency, demonstrated lack of physicality, and reported lack of work ethic/focus on football forced Shanny and Lynch to spend not one, but two WR's relatively high in the draft, and back-to-back no less. No, Pettis' play has established itself too much for me to think that simply a few decent games would just erase. IMHO, at the same point in their career both Deebo and Hurd has shown more promise than Pettis had shown.

Lol Hurd hasn't taken a snap of regular season football, so no there. Deebo is unlikely to have as good of a season as Pettis did last year. Deebo has a minimum of one f**k up a game, every game
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Lol Hurd hasn't taken a snap of regular season football, so no there. Deebo is unlikely to have as good of a season as Pettis did last year. Deebo has a minimum of one f**k up a game, every game
Lol, please pay attention, becasue I know it could be a bit difficult: I said AT THIS POINT IN THEIR CAREER! Meaning, in Pettis' rookie year he didn't show the promise that Deebo and Hurd has shown. And yes, I'm fully aware that Hurd hasn't played a regular season down. And if you don't think that Deebo won't show as much as Pettis did last season you must be thinking that Deebo gets cut next season.

Bottom line, Pettis didn't show much more than a consistent lack of physicality (as I thought he would coming out of Washington), and as we learned a lack of needed focus on the NFL game of football. And it don't take much to see that he's not a gym guy, so the former don't seem to bettering itself anytime soon. So, Deebo and Hurd has shown more promise at this point in their career than did Pettis at this same point.

And you can mark my words here, when Hurd returns Pettis' playing time will likely get reduced.

Lol, please pay attention, becasue I know it could be a bit difficult: I said AT THIS POINT IN THEIR CAREER! Meaning, in Pettis' rookie year he didn't show the promise that Deebo and Hurd has shown. And yes, I'm fully aware that Hurd hasn't played a regular season down. And if you don't think that Deebo won't show as much as Pettis did last season you must be thinking that Deebo gets cut next season.

Bottom line, Pettis didn't show much more than a consistent lack of physicality (as I thought he would coming out of Washington), and as we learned a lack of needed focus on the NFL game of football. And it don't take much to see that he's not a gym guy, so the former don't seem to bettering itself anytime soon. So, Deebo and Hurd has shown more promise at this point in their career than did Pettis at this same point.

And you can mark my words here, when Hurd returns Pettis' playing time will likely get reduced.

Curious what you mean by shown more promise ?
Deebo current stats so far project to be almost the same as Pettis from last year.

All this talk about not needing a #1 seems like an excuse for not being able to draft and developed one.

Originally posted by Oilcan:

All this talk about not needing a #1 seems like an excuse for not being able to draft and developed one.

Well few have been drafted outside of the 1st round. AB is probably the last one. Tyreek doesn't count IMO due to his character issues.

Plus you need longer than 2 years developing time. Dante and Deebo have talent, we'll see how far that goes.

I'm surprised though that at 5-0 people still think we need a true #1 WR
Originally posted by MrGriz:

Battle maximized his talent. He was a bright spot in a lot of dark years.
Never mind the three catches he had last game that were all third down conversions in traffic, or the game winning catch against the Steelers, again, in traffic. Or the tail end of last year when he tore the Shehawks a new one. Try watching the games instead of box scores, and fantasy football stats, you'll appreciate our players more.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
WR1 Still to be added
WR2 Pettis
WR3 Deebo
Originally posted by Oilcan:

Curious what you mean by shown more promise ?
Deebo current stats so far project to be almost the same as Pettis from last year.

When you read my post you'll see what it is I'm referring to when I say "promise". I'm not going by stats. Nothing that I've stated on this indicates I was basing my opinion on stats.
Share 49ersWebzone