There are 197 users in the forums

Eric Reid thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Have you seen our secondary?

And "not that great last year" =/= deserves to be on a practice squad this year

A guy who two years in a row was one of the worst safeties in the NFL in coverage was going to fix that how? Reid's main problem is that his skillset isn't compatible with the modern NFL. Ron Rivera was decent enough to throw him a lifeline and he rejected it.

This. Dude is garbage man, don't know what you saw SWH but he can't cover nobody and that began when he was with us.

At this point we need bodies. You guys act like he is useless. I'm not even saying he is good. If our safeties were fully healthy he isnt good enough to start for us. But they aren't and having depth isn't bad.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Oct 29, 2020 at 12:24 AM ]

A guy who two years in a row was one of the worst safeties in the NFL in coverage was going to fix that how? Reid's main problem is that his skillset isn't compatible with the modern NFL. Ron Rivera was decent enough to throw him a lifeline and he rejected it.

This. Dude is garbage man, don't know what you saw SWH but he can't cover nobody and that began when he was with us.

At this point we need bodies. You guys act like he is useless. I'm not even saying he is good. If our safeties were fully healthy he isnt good enough to start for us. But they aren't and having depth isn't bad.

I thought both Moore and Harris played well Then we got Cyprien after that. I'd take all over Reid and his crybaby, world owes him drama. And Safety is not one of our concern areas on D, I'd get another pass rusher on the edge

I thought both Moore and Harris played well Then we got Cyprien after that. I'd take all over Reid and his crybaby, world owes him drama. And Safety is not one of our concern areas on D, I'd get another pass rusher on the edge

Hit the nail on the head !
Pass on Reid. Not only does he suck, but he'd bring that Kap drama back because it's SF.

Full truth. I would be more inclined to play warner as Tartts replacement. I think i would take earl thomas over eric reid.

A person who refuses a PS spot(to sit at home) will probably not give full effort anyways, and will likely complain about playing special teams.
Kaep was injured and started when he was better plus poor QB play by Gabbert. He had multiple off season surgeries and was the starter by week 6. He opted out of his 49er contract. The league didn't prevent him from playing, and some teams had offers he just didn't want them.

Kaep picked the wrong time to be an activist. If he did it two years earlier when he was a running and sometimes a passing threat he wouldn't have basically ended his football career. Except for a major crime none of the top 10 QBs would have lost their career like he did.

Reid is a jerk. Kaepernick is quiet and you rarely hear him speak. Reid is always complaining, because his fellow black athletes don't fight for rights the way he desires. He is constantly persecuted in his own mind. If he got on a practice squad he would likely move up to the active roster soon. I'd rather have the AB circus than Reid. AB may be a problem, but Reid would definitely be a problem.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Mayor:
Yes, I do. Now, he's out for too long to really get to know but the last years? He was better than Bottles, Carr, Osweiler, Newton, Savage, Fitzpatrick, Palmer and so on and so forth.

I agree with the rest of your post, though. Reid is showing a kind of attitude that make you understand that so many GMs don't want a guy like him in the organization. It's not about his protest, it's the whining and b***hing.

You're wrong though. Really, really wrong. If Patrick knelt at Kap's stage in his career the Chiefs would still owe him a gazillion dollars. He's bullet proof and not going anywhere. We attempted to trade Kap, he was benched and disgraced before he knelt. The league took away his second chance. Mahomes is Just too d good for any team to ever depart from him barring pulling an Aaron Hernandez.
If safety help is needed I'd rather have Earl Thomas, or Ha Ha Clinton-Dix from the free agent pool.
Originally posted by FranchisePoster:
f**k this dude. I will always remember him as the guy who f**ked up Bowman's knee. Just like I will always remember Kap as the guy who couldn't get 5 yards to win us the Super Bowl.

This. f**k Reid and his overrated ass.
Putting everything about Reid aside, at first...bottom line if we can't afford to make a trade for Griffin or Dunlap, when they are being GIVEN away...we can't afford to sign Reid. Pass rush is a bigger need, and either of those guys would have given us a bigger boost than Reid. And Moore and Harris have played well enough when they needed to.

About Reid, specifically. He's a box safety and a liability in coverage. Not what we need, especially now when we need IMPROVED coverage to help our pass rush. Reid also complained about being black balled...when he had only been the THIRD best safety on his own team, complained about not being signed at a time when there were 5 or 6 higher rated safeties STILL UNSIGNED...and I think even Honey Badger had only just signed a 1 year deal. So the guy is obviously delusional. HARD PASS!
Originally posted by pdfortune:
Kaep was injured and started when he was better plus poor QB play by Gabbert. He had multiple off season surgeries and was the starter by week 6. He opted out of his 49er contract. The league didn't prevent him from playing, and some teams had offers he just didn't want them.

Kaep picked the wrong time to be an activist. If he did it two years earlier when he was a running and sometimes a passing threat he wouldn't have basically ended his football career. Except for a major crime none of the top 10 QBs would have lost their career like he did.

Reid is a jerk. Kaepernick is quiet and you rarely hear him speak. Reid is always complaining, because his fellow black athletes don't fight for rights the way he desires. He is constantly persecuted in his own mind. If he got on a practice squad he would likely move up to the active roster soon. I'd rather have the AB circus than Reid. AB may be a problem, but Reid would definitely be a problem.

Kap was benched from second 1 of that camp and only started because the Gabbert experiment failed. After tried to trade him and after we made him give up injury protections to ensure he doesn't come back. Him opting out meant nothing as we already told him we don't want you back. It's like saying JH and us mutually parted ways. Technically true but Nah. We told him he was done then let him save face by calling it mutual.

What offers did Kap have btw? I do agree that he wanted to be an activist but I've never seen any report of a team wanting him.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 29, 2020 at 2:57 PM ]

Forget Eric Reid! Let's sign Joe Montana. He's clearly got a few games left. What can it hurt?
Reid is straight garbage now, if you don't remember how he looked last year when we played the panthers he got torched on multiple occasions
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Forget Eric Reid! Let's sign Joe Montana. He's clearly got a few games left. What can it hurt?

Who?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by pdfortune:

Kap was benched from second 1 of that camp and only started because the Gabbert experiment failed. After tried to trade him and after we made him give up injury protections to ensure he doesn't come back. Him opting out meant nothing as we already told him we don't want you back. It's like saying JH and us mutually parted ways. Technically true but Nah. We told him he was done then let him save face by calling it mutual.

What offers did Kap have btw? I do agree that he wanted to be an activist but I've never seen any report of a team wanting him.

But his benching and the team telling him they were looking to trade or release him, all came BEFORE he started kneeling. Well sitting, actually. So everyone trying to make people think his "protests" were the cause, are just re-writing the narrative. The "protests" were nothing more than a cover up, an excuse that he could point to as the reason he "lost his career", instead of admitting his own faults.

What offers did Kap have? Denver was in talks for a trade, but Kap refused to take any less money. He was set to work Miami, then the idiot wore a Fidel Castro shirt...so blew that chance. The Ravens were going to work him out...then his "girlfriend" went on social media and compared the Ravens' owner to a slave owner...

So poor little Kap had plenty of chances. Chances that HE blew and HE sabotaged. Not because of protests, but because he didn't want to play! Because he knew he couldn't. I don't see why anyone with half a brain fails to see this. The only game Kap can play well, is "Professional Victim".
Originally posted by RDB4216:
But his benching and the team telling him they were looking to trade or release him, all came BEFORE he started kneeling. Well sitting, actually. So everyone trying to make people think his "protests" were the cause, are just re-writing the narrative. The "protests" were nothing more than a cover up, an excuse that he could point to as the reason he "lost his career", instead of admitting his own faults.

What offers did Kap have? Denver was in talks for a trade, but Kap refused to take any less money. He was set to work Miami, then the idiot wore a Fidel Castro shirt...so blew that chance. The Ravens were going to work him out...then his "girlfriend" went on social media and compared the Ravens' owner to a slave owner...

So poor little Kap had plenty of chances. Chances that HE blew and HE sabotaged. Not because of protests, but because he didn't want to play! Because he knew he couldn't. I don't see why anyone with half a brain fails to see this. The only game Kap can play well, is "Professional Victim".

You're right that he was done here and that has nothing to do with kneeling. The second part I think is a mix between the 2 sides. Kap wants to be an activist 1st/ qb 2nd. The league doesn't want him back especially under those circumstances so all he got were half @ssed invitations which he threw back in their face. In the end both sides came out great. The league has plenty of young black qb's with 2x the talent as Kap and has no need for him. Kap is a cultural icon now with shoe and tv deals.
Share 49ersWebzone