There are 174 users in the forums

Chicago Bears vs. San Francisco 49ers Rebuilding Plan

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The problem is that they have neither the picks nor the capspace to make that happen right now unless they somehow hit a homerun with a 2nd or 3rd round QB. Also adding a top QB wouldn't suddenly give them a run game or make Nagy any less inept of a coach. Now their OL is regressing on top of everything else.

When you miss on a qb it can knock you back 5 years. That's the downside to drafting one early. They're going to be like us with Alex. Constantly trying to fix him while praying JT O'Sullivan/ Shaun Hill is a diamond on the side.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 31, 2019 at 8:16 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Totally. It turned into a hot mess there now that Trubisky hasn't panned out, OL regressed, Magy might be proving to be just as bad as his QB, etc. I hate seeing wasted talent due to coaching incompetence, in particular. What is Pace going to do now?

Ask John Lynch for advice?

• Mayor
  • Veteran
I guess people don't understand how hard it is to get good offensive linemen. Regardless what level they are playing (high school, college, NFL). It's easy to say "they have a bad offensive line" but doesn't?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Totally. It turned into a hot mess there now that Trubisky hasn't panned out, OL regressed, Magy might be proving to be just as bad as his QB, etc. I hate seeing wasted talent due to coaching incompetence, in particular. What is Pace going to do now?

Ask John Lynch for advice?

LOL. He's not really a stay-the-course kind of guy on a 6 year deal.
we can still go 8-8, so I wouldn't be celebrating much yet.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Most people would have accepted 8-8 at the start of the season.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

And Washington could still make the playoffs but I wouldn't bet my life savings on that either. Even at 8-8, the 49ers with Shanalynch would be well ahead of where Chicago was in Pace's third season.
And Washington could still make the playoffs but I wouldn't bet my life savings on that either. Even at 8-8, the 49ers with Shanalynch would be well ahead of where Chicago was in Pace's third season.

Probably be ahead of where Pace is in his 5th season.

That's a special kind of ineptitude on offense. Holy s**t

It's one thing when that happens in one isolated game, but it's been happening week after week for Chicago. Just awful.

How is this even possible in today's game? Serious question.

Pace isn't going to make year 6 to rebuild the rebuild.
Visited some of their forums today. Wasn't pleasant.
Share 49ersWebzone